LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Premium Licence

johnnyskullhead

Thank you guys. We have a Lost your license? page here:

https://www.launchbox-app.com/premium/lost-license

You can put in your email address there and it will re-send your license key email. It appears that someone was putting in random emails there for some reason. The good news is that the emails are from us and are safe. I'm still researching to see if we can prevent something like that in the future, but there's no major concern here as far as I can tell.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it is supposed to auto update if your subscription runs out. In your update folder you will fine old installers if you know which one is from the last version you have a license for you can reinstall that right over your current install without changing any of your settings. 1st you should go into the options and turn off the auto update feature if it is turned on and then revert back to your old install.

and the regular consumer is supposed to just know to do that ?   its deceptive on purpose it seems esp with the wording  "forever" and "premium" ........not cool.    I'll mess around with it little bit more but this is the kinda of stuff where all the open source free stuff  has ya'll holding a massive L in the emulation sector here. 

BigBox doesn't cease to function when the 1 year license expires. It hasn't done this for any other user, you are the only person to claim this.

A forever license is a lifetime license, you had a 1 year license.

You can contact support if you have a complaint, any more rant posts like this and you will be banned.

• Like 1

rants huh ?   hardly .   where does it say "1 year license"   no where.   it says 20 - 50  - 30 .    20 is a lifetime of premium ,  pay for more features .   50 is updates forever.  30 is to bump up to forever updates.   no where does it say my premium would cease to operate ,  it specifically says "use your premium features forever"  with the impression given that ONLY the newest stuff would be inaccessible.  I've already contact customer support.  

no 50 dollars is a lifetime license as it gets you updates for lifetime. 20 is a year of updates but the application should work forever going forward contingent that you don't update it anymore. If LB didn't update then this wouldn't be a problem and if you were patient and didn't start accusing people of ripping you off then it would have been amicably settled by Jason as he isn't trying to rip any one off. Let me ask you do you think you are the only person who has bought the 20 dollar license if this was a common practice don't you think the forums or the internet would be full of people complaining of the same thing because that isn't the case.

• Like 1

There's absolutely nothing shady that we do with the premium licenses. The details are clear as day on the purchase page:

image.thumb.png.caa3748fb10661c4669f95a20cabe076.pngObviously there are two options for a reason, and the text is very clear. Use it forever, but you'll be required to renew your license for $10 in order to access new features after one year. Everyone who purchases does so from this page, and this stuff hasn't changed for a very long time.

We've refunded superlativeB and also issued him the latest version of LaunchBox that should work for his license. We do everything we can to reduce confusion on this and frankly, no one has been confused in a very, very long time.

• Like 3