LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist auto-update

Crush

I want to display a playlist of my favorite games under Platforms (let's call it CrushFav). So i created a playlist matching all games marked as favorite. When i mark a game as Favorite the CrushFav playlist isn't automatically updated, i have to choose to Edit the playlist and then click OK for the changes to appear in CrushFav. Am i missing something or that is the way playlists currently update their contents?

11 minutes ago, Crush said:

Yes the playlist is updated correctly when i reopen Launchbox.

Yeah I am not sure there is something that generates the playlist to update on its own without a trigger from the user. Usually had to do the steps you mention or restart. Even BigBox is the same way. 

I am actually not sure if this has always been the case or not. I have a Fav playlist but do not change it much. 

There are other times (besides when adding games) that a playlist must be updated. For example if you create a playlist with the filter "Play Count = 0" to list your unplayed games, after starting one of the games in the playlist the game should disappear from the playlist when you exit it because now it's Play Count is no longer 0.

2 hours ago, Crush said:

There are other times (besides when adding games) that a playlist must be updated. For example if you create a playlist with the filter "Play Count = 0" to list your unplayed games, after starting one of the games in the playlist the game should disappear from the playlist when you exit it because now it's Play Count is no longer 0.

I'm not sure exactly how we'll handle this, but keep in mind that it might be a tradeoff. I'm more interested in performance than making sure that games that were just played are updated immediately in auto-populate playlists. I may just add a manual refresh option for situations like that.