LaunchBox Community Forums

I'm having a problem with Kat5200?

ModerateNOOB

Hi guys and sorry if i'm posting to much.

I have a new problem (Surprise surprise), Ehhh by mistake i mapped Kat5200's esc key to a controller button that does not respond when pressed. This does that i'm not able to access the menu of Kat5200 and reconfigure input.

When i double click a game in Launchbox or just manually click the application it boots directly into the game with no option to enter the emu inerface (esc does nothing) and i can't find any other way to access it.

I deleted the emu from launchbox and the emu itself, But after downloading it again it still does the same thing??, How on earth do i reset it??, And where does it store it's settings.

You can setup Kat5200 to be portable.

Portable Usage

It is possible to make kat5200 portable, in other words all needed files are stored with the executable. To do this create a file called portable.txt in the same directory as the kat5200 executable and write a 1 in the file. Note that the kat5200.db3 file needs to be already present in the directory.

You can also turn on the option to show hidden folders in File Explorer (Windows Explorer for Windows 7 users) In Windows 10 you just switch to the View tab in the ribbon click the little triangle icon under options and then choose change folders and search options. Click the view tab and change the radio button for showing hidden folders. There are also a few other good checkboxes in there to uncheck like the one to not show know file extensions. That is always one of the 1st things I change when I start a fresh build.

13 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

You can also turn on the option to show hidden folders in File Explorer (Windows Explorer for Windows 7 users) In Windows 10 you just switch to the View tab in the ribbon click the little triangle icon under options and then choose change folders and search options. Click the view tab and change the radio button for showing hidden folders. There are also a few other good checkboxes in there to uncheck like the one to not show know file extensions. That is always one of the 1st things I change when I start a fresh build.

Yeah i'm on win 10 and totally missed it, I think i'm used to things getting stored under documents :)