LaunchBox Community Forums

Where do I download Launchbox.next?

Cirion

2 minutes ago, Cirion said:

Hmm... So I have it, but it does not look like it, and does not have the buttons like it?

I have no BigBox button, have to go to the menu on the left to find it, or quit launchbox and start BigBox instead.

You are now in what used to be called Next. That is the way it looks and works in the new version. It was called Next for a while so user can try it out and see what changes were coming to the standard Launchbox interface before Jason removed the old version and put this one live. The notes under version 8.6 here talk about the change.

Launchbox can also now be themed and a theme developer can change some of the layout and appearances. Here are a few already made.

Just now, Cirion said:

Yes, but in the tutorial videos there is a Launchbox.next and a BigBox button on the top right.

How do I get the BigBox button there? Is it removed in 8.9, I tink I started on 8.7 so I have never seen how it looked before.

The videos you have seen were of the beta, now that next is finished and it's just Launchbox those options are now in the menu.