LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box on 4k tv

MrBrac

This sounds like a specific monitor resolution issue. In nvidia control panel you can specify different resolutions for different monitors, make sure its set to the correct resolution for the monitor, also if you go to the "adjust desktop size and position" try setting scaling to GPU and check the box to overide the scaling method and see if that helps. I would assume AMD's control panel has similar options but i have no experience with that.

image.thumb.png.8de4c345aeb68a4045bddb18d6746015.png

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This sounds like a specific monitor resolution issue. In nvidia control panel you can specify different resolutions for different monitors, make sure its set to the correct resolution for the monitor, also if you go to the "adjust desktop size and position" try setting scaling to GPU and check the box to overide the scaling method and see if that helps. I would assume AMD's control panel has similar options but i have no experience with that.

Hi, thanks for feedback but with my setup (R5 2400G + Vega11 IGPU) in AMD Control Panel setting is also called GPU Scailng but that does not make any difference at all still only 1/4 of the second screen (TV) is being showed up

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I got nvidia 1080ti here and my monitor is already set up for HDR 4k its 4k30HZ. Its not issue with my set up as games already work on my tv with my + 3 monitors. Its issue with Big Box.

5 hours ago, MrBrac said:

I got nvidia 1080ti here and my monitor is already set up for HDR 4k its 4k30HZ. Its not issue with my set up as games already work on my tv with my + 3 monitors. Its issue with Big Box.

I am no way an expert on this but I remember some earlier posts this year with 4KTV issues and that 30Hz was the problem. Setting it to 60Hz fixed it for other uses. I cannot remember if it was the partial screen issue you are having, but setting 60Hz and see if it changes anything. I notice in @neil9000 image he has 60Hz set. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I am no way an expert on this but I remember some earlier posts this year with 4KTV issues and that 30Hz was the problem. Setting it to 60Hz fixed it for other uses. I cannot remember if it was the partial screen issue you are having, but setting 60Hz and see if it changes anything. I notice in @neil9000 image he has 60Hz set. 

Can not have 60hz with HDR stuck with 30hz. I highly doubt the hz is effecting window size.

1 hour ago, MrBrac said:

Can not have 60hz with HDR stuck with 30hz. I highly doubt the hz is effecting window size.

Yeah I doubted it would, but figure worth a mention. Seen some strange things posted in our forum...like speakers not being plugged into a pc affecting Mame not working. 

(just to test and see) Set your 4K to primary monitor (main display).  (You'll probably now need to change where BB displays in its' options.)

Does BB show full screen now on the 4K?

Mine did at least.  (Monitor as Main, BB filled 3/4th of the TV.  TV as Main, BB filled 100%)

My cab has a 22" monitor (1680 x 1050) and the attached TV is 60" (non-4K) at 1920 x 1080.  The "fix" for me to keep the monitor as Main was change the "Scale and Layout" for the TV in (Windows) display settings to 125% (Windows 10).