Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
alnyden

Issue with Auto-Populate "Is not equal to"

Recommended Posts

I want to create a playlist where the Genre = Pinball, but the Platform "Is not equal to" Future Pinball AND Pinball Arcade.  So I created the following fields in the Playlist "Auto Populate" tab.

- Genre = pinball

- Platform "Is not equal to" Future Pinball

- Platform "Is not equal to" Pinball Arcade.

However, this does not work.  When I try to exclude both platforms, neither is excluded.  If I only exclude ONE of them, then it works.  

So it seems you can not use "Is not equal to" for more than one platform.  Is this by design, or a bug?  And is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for any help!

R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is by design, though I know it can be confusing. Try using "Has None of the Values" instead of "Is Not Equal To".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is by design, though I know it can be confusing. Try using "Has None of the Values" instead of "Is Not Equal To".

Thanks for the reply Jason.  However, I don't see "Has none of the values" after selecting the Platform field.  I DO see it when I select the Genre field.  Genre also lists "Has all the values" "has at least one of" and "Has none of the values".  Under "Platform" I only see "Is equal to" "Is not equal to" "Contains" and "is empty"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alnyden said:

Thanks for the reply Jason.  However, I don't see "Has none of the values" after selecting the Platform field.  I DO see it when I select the Genre field.  Genre also lists "Has all the values" "has at least one of" and "Has none of the values".  Under "Platform" I only see "Is equal to" "Is not equal to" "Contains" and "is empty"

Ah, yeah. I see that now. It doesn't look like there's a good solution for that particular query currently. I'll add that to my to-do list. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've got the same problem with the "version" and "rompath" fields.

I wanted to exclude games from a playlist with certain paths or ROM flags but there is no "has none of the values" or "doesn't contain" camparison operator for the "version" or "rom path" fields.
I also coundn't find a valid wildcard character to use the "not equal to" as an alternative to the missing "doesn't contain" operator.

I'm really missing a way to create more complex playlist filters. For example an simple "filter by regex pattern" comparison operator.

Edited by Dunuin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree. I would love more auto playlist search options. ESPECIALLY an OR option between arguments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jason Carr said:

Ah, yeah. I see that now. It doesn't look like there's a good solution for that particular query currently. I'll add that to my to-do list. :)

Hey @Jason Carr, would it be possible to add "Improved Auto-Populate" options to the new poll?  Seems there is some interest in it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...