LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with Auto-Populate "Is not equal to"

alnyden

I want to create a playlist where the Genre = Pinball, but the Platform "Is not equal to" Future Pinball AND Pinball Arcade.  So I created the following fields in the Playlist "Auto Populate" tab.

- Genre = pinball

- Platform "Is not equal to" Future Pinball

- Platform "Is not equal to" Pinball Arcade.

However, this does not work.  When I try to exclude both platforms, neither is excluded.  If I only exclude ONE of them, then it works.  

So it seems you can not use "Is not equal to" for more than one platform.  Is this by design, or a bug?  And is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for any help!

R

22 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is by design, though I know it can be confusing. Try using "Has None of the Values" instead of "Is Not Equal To".

Thanks for the reply Jason.  However, I don't see "Has none of the values" after selecting the Platform field.  I DO see it when I select the Genre field.  Genre also lists "Has all the values" "has at least one of" and "Has none of the values".  Under "Platform" I only see "Is equal to" "Is not equal to" "Contains" and "is empty"

1 hour ago, alnyden said:

Thanks for the reply Jason.  However, I don't see "Has none of the values" after selecting the Platform field.  I DO see it when I select the Genre field.  Genre also lists "Has all the values" "has at least one of" and "Has none of the values".  Under "Platform" I only see "Is equal to" "Is not equal to" "Contains" and "is empty"

Ah, yeah. I see that now. It doesn't look like there's a good solution for that particular query currently. I'll add that to my to-do list. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I've got the same problem with the "version" and "rompath" fields.

I wanted to exclude games from a playlist with certain paths or ROM flags but there is no "has none of the values" or "doesn't contain" camparison operator for the "version" or "rom path" fields.
I also coundn't find a valid wildcard character to use the "not equal to" as an alternative to the missing "doesn't contain" operator.

I'm really missing a way to create more complex playlist filters. For example an simple "filter by regex pattern" comparison operator.

Edited by Dunuin

On 12/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jason Carr said:

Ah, yeah. I see that now. It doesn't look like there's a good solution for that particular query currently. I'll add that to my to-do list. :)

Hey @Jason Carr, would it be possible to add "Improved Auto-Populate" options to the new poll?  Seems there is some interest in it.  

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...