LaunchBox Community Forums

AAE (Another Arcade Emulator)

larsherbaut

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 5:30 PM, UncleLeoTheDad said:

I am also trying to get AAE to work.  I'm finding that even when using rocketlauncher, whenever I exist AAE my entire windows 10 machine loses resolution and color and gets stuck like that.  Have to reboot.  Anyone get past this?

Did you find a solution? I'm getting the same issue. I thought it was related to Rocketlauncher but it happens when I run emulator directly. This never happened before. Been using this thsi emulator for years without problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Very strange. I have AAE installed and configured here on both my Windows 10 machines (updated to the latest 2004 build) and don't have any problem exiting and not having the resolution go back to what it should. Perhaps someone with the problem show their AAE.ini file and I can see if I see any obvious difference which may contribute.

Also, I am running Nvidia cards on both my machines. What video cards are in the machines with problems?

17 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Very strange. I have AAE installed and configured here on both my Windows 10 machines (updated to the latest 2004 build) and don't have any problem exiting and not having the resolution go back to what it should. Perhaps someone with the problem show their AAE.ini file and I can see if I see any obvious difference which may contribute.

Also, I am running Nvidia cards on both my machines. What video cards are in the machines with problems?

Do you use RocketLauncher? 

2 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

No.

I've tried both, I believe.  Here's my aae.ini

;####AAE MAIN INI####

[main]

;#mame_rom_path =R:\Arcade\AAE\roms
mame_rom_path =R:\Arcade\AAE\roms
screenw =1920
screenh =1080
windowed =1
doublebuffer = 1               ;Enable Duble buffering for a smoother display
drawzero =0
widescreen = 0
force_vsync =1 
linewidth = 2.0                ;#Linewidth for Vector Games
pointsize = 1.6                ;#PointSize for Vector Games
gamma =127   
bright =127 
contrast =127                   
translucent = 1
accumlevel = 0
fire_point_size = 20           ;#ASTEROIDS AND ASTEROIDS DELUXE
explode_point_size = 17        ;#ASTEROIDS AND ASTEROIDS DELUXE
debug = 0
kbleds = 1

;##### ARTWORK OPTIONS ############
bezel  =0
artwork =1  
artcrop =1
overlay =1
snappng = 1                    #PNG or BMP snapshots
dotmask = 0                    #RASTER MONITOR SCREEN EFFECTS - (NOT FINISHED, SLOW AT HI RES)

;########### GAME SPECIFIC HACKS ################
sstick = 1                     #Battlezone Single Stick Hack
;#########KEY CONFIGS##############

kstart1 = 0
kstart2 = 0
kcoin1 = 0
kcoin2 = 0

kp1up = 0
kp1down = 0
kp1right = 0
kp1left = 0
kp1but1 = 0
kp1but2 = 0
kp1but3 = 0
kp1but4 = 0

kp2up = 9
kp2down = 13
kp2right = 12
kp2left = 10
kp2but1 = 4
kp2but2 = 6
kp2but3 = 7
kp2but4 = 7

kquit = 59              #Quit key, ESC by default
kpause = 16             #Pause game key
ksnap = 58              #Snapshot Key
klstate = 53 #F7        #Only currently working in asteroids (sorry!)
ksstate = 54 #F8        #Only currently working in asteroids (sorry!)
ktest = 48              #Activate test Menu - Works for most games
ksfps = 56              #Show frames per second
kmenu = 64

########## Trackball / Spinner  #########

mouse1xs =2
mouse1ys =2
mouse2xs = 3            #mouse sensitivity, in mickeys. 3 is EXACT for tempest-with an oscar spinner
mouse2ys = 3            #mouse sensitivity, in mickeys.
mouse1x_invert =0
mouse1y_invert =0
mouse1b1 = 41           #NOT USED YET, DONT BOTHER
mouse1b1 = 42           #NOT USED YET, DONT BOTHER

########## JOYSTICK ###############

########### SOUND OPTIONS ###############

pshiss =0
hvnoise =0
psnoise =0

noisevol =4
pokeyvol =18
mainvol =15

###########################
anisfilter = 0      #Enable  Filtering Disable for sharp textures
prescale = 2        #Raster Prescale value
priority =1
snappng=0
vectortrail=1
vectorglow=12
gain=35
m_line=20
m_point=11
monitor=3
screenburn=9

[]
main=1

42 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

I am running AMD Ryzen 3 2200g with Radeon Vega Graphics

Although there were some differences in the graphics section between your ini file and mine, I was able to change my settings to match yours and continue to have no issues. I am leaning toward a video driver issue with your AMD card and AAE. This would not be surprising since AAE is so old.

I assume you have tried different video driver versions to see if any change the behavior?

20 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Although there were some differences in the graphics section between your ini file and mine, I was able to change my settings to match yours and continue to have no issues. I am leaning toward a video driver issue with your AMD card and AAE. This would not be surprising since AAE is so old.

I assume you have tried different video driver versions to see if any change the behavior?

I am using Nvidia and have the same issue however I was able to fix it through RocketLauncher by changing the Exit_Mode module setting to ProcessClose. Basically, if you exit out of AAE through task manager or through a batch script or similar, the issue won't happen. If you exit through AEE by pressing Esc, it happens. With this information anyone should be able to get it working even if they're not using RocketLauncher. 

dragon57, did you test by launching and exiting AAE.exe directly through the Esc key? 

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Yardley said:

I am using Nvidia and have the same issue however I was able to fix it through RocketLauncher by changing the Exit_Mode module setting to ProcessClose. Basically, if you exit out of AAE through task manager or through a batch script or similar, the issue won't happen. If you exit through AEE by pressing Esc, it happens. With this information anyone should be able to get it working even if they're not using RocketLauncher. 

dragon57, did you test by launching and exiting AAE.exe directly through the Esc key? 

This resolved the issue for me!  Thanks!