LaunchBox Community Forums
sac1000

turbo graphx emulator and CHD

I am trying to install a bunch of pc engine cd games on LB but I am not sure despite all the tutos i've been watching which one should I choose, retroarch, mame or pce jin? my files are CHD files.

If they are CHD files RA and MAME are your only options. As a side note I'm not sure of the quality of the emulation in MAME so I would suggest using RetroArch.

I'm not sure which is best but either the supergrafx or PC Engine one should work.

10 minutes ago, sac1000 said:

ok, are your cd files chd files ?

I dont have that system or roms anymore, but i believe they were, i CHD'd all my CD roms except PS2 and GC/Wii

2 minutes ago, sac1000 said:

I just tried now this this core and a CHD file but the emulator didn t even open.

Do you have the bios?

I updated the cores, but didn't do anythinh about the bios...what should I look for on google? bios+pc engine CD is enough?

9 minutes ago, sac1000 said:

I updated the cores, but didn't do anythinh about the bios...what should I look for on google? bios+pc engine CD is enough?

should be enough, its this one.

image.thumb.png.4a90a83b832c1d43c042eb4cb1f58b96.png

1st what you want to do is load the core in RA then go to information and look in system information this will show you the exact name that RA is looking for to work then Google that name.

Neil I hope you know I was mentioning you showing the file name in your previous post and not asking you to show him what I was referencing.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

Neil I hope you know I was mentioning you showing the file name in your previous post and not asking you to show him what I was referencing.

Yeah i know, but i was also in the process of grabbing the RA info screen when you commented.

• Like 1

I don't know why but I went and grabbed those 3 optional bios files

• Haha 1