LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Problems

johnnyskullhead

Hi Sorry to post

Trying to get Retroarch to save changes but it won't

tried changing shaders in quick menu and it says new configuration saved but when i reload it has not saved changes

also tried changing filters in video menu and again changes arent saved

do i need to start fresh ?

as it corrupted some how ?

I am using 1.7.5 is there another version coming

Thanks Dean

On 1/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, johnnyskullhead said:

I am using 1.7.5 is there another version coming

1.7.5 is the latest stable release. But you can use this Great app by @wyzrd to update to the latest Nightly builds. Simple and easy to use.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, johnnyskullhead said:

do i need to start fresh ?

At the risk of having to completely re-setup RA, it would eliminate a potential culprit.

As for your ssd (vs an hdd?), if it's older (with 'old' ssd technology) or has had a lot of use (a lot of writes) or is near capacity... it could definitely be the problem.  

FYI, no need to a 3rd part app to update retroarch anymore.  Since 1.7.5 (I believe) in the desktop menu (which you can access via the main menu in retroarch) there's now an option to update retroarch to the latest nightly build.  Just wanted to make people aware of this feature now built-in to reotroarch.  Once you're done with the desktop menu, just close it and then in the retroarch windows select Toggle Exclusive Fullscreen to make retroarch go back to full screen (if you had it that way that is).  Then just close and re-start retroarch and you're now on the latest nightly.

Untitled.png

Untitled 2.png

• Thanks 1

Do you have retroarch set to save config on exit (it should be set to on by default I believe)?  If not, then you may need to go in and save the config everytime you make changes I believe.  Also, are you running retroarch on an external drive, or a drive in your PC?  If it's an external drive, it might be a permissions issue preventing the configs from being saved.

Try running Retroarch as administrator (right-click on the retroarch.exe file and select run as administrator.  Try making changes and exiting, then go back in and see if those changes were kept. If they were, then you can set retroarch to always run in administrator mode by right-clicking the .exe and selecting properties. On the compatability tab there should be a check box there to run this program as administrator.

Note: running programs in administrator is not recommended, so if this doesn't fix the issue, don't enable it.  You shouldn't have to do this, but if for some reason retroarch can't edit the files it needs to due to admin rights, then this might fix the issue.  So if you have to, then you have to.  But, running the software (launchbox, emulators, etc.) on a local drive, and then putting your roms on the external drive, is the recommended approach as it avoids all these permission issues.

Edited by CDBlue

Can you screenshot the error you get?  To be honest I'm not sure what's going on.  If you installed Retroarch on your C drive and downloaded the core correctly, you should be able to launch a game, change core options, etc, and they should just remember the settings you changed when you close retroarch and reopen it.

Aye up Pal

done it again

All other cores have got scanlines CRT Pi PS1 has never had it selected

Now Sony Playstation has corrupted again so its got scanlines even though i never selected it

Retroarch must be bugged cos now it want change back even when i save core override on Ps1

there must be a bug when you add so many cores they all default to same settings

4 hours ago, johnnyskullhead said:

Now Sony Playstation has corrupted again so its got scanlines even though i never selected it

Retroarch must be bugged cos now it want change back even when i save core override on Ps1

there must be a bug when you add so many cores they all default to same settings

You most likely have a shader set in your default config.

I turn off Save On Exit and have per core configs and shaders.

• Thanks 1