LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame on Retroarch

ALIE

MAME in RA is super simple for Arcade stuff if you want to use Software List stuff its a little more complex but like Monkus I'm assuming you only want to use it for Arcade. If not there is a guy who figured out how to use software list stuff on the forums but you would have to search for it as I can't recall how to do so or who posted the solution.

sorry about the late reply been busy appreciate the answers. but now i had the time to sit down and try this again but no luck.

gonna try to provide as much detail as possible .

i have my games and retroarch in different folders and on different drives.

MAME set is 0.205 ROMs (split).

in a separate folder i have MAME 0.199 CHDs (merged) but games that doesn't need them is also black screening so i guess it doesn't matter.

Retroach is 1.7.5 and cores has just been updated.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:27 AM, ALIE said:

sorry about the late reply been busy appreciate the answers. but now i had the time to sit down and try this again but no luck.

gonna try to provide as much detail as possible .

i have my games and retroarch in different folders and on different drives.

MAME set is 0.205 ROMs (split).

in a separate folder i have MAME 0.199 CHDs (merged) but games that doesn't need them is also black screening so i guess it doesn't matter.

Retroach is 1.7.5 and cores has just been updated.

Mame is super simple on RetroArch, here is a quick rundown/setup instructions.

1. Make sure both the normal MAME roms and the CHDs are the same version (Honestly the CHDs being .199 shouldn't be a problem, but MAME is always super picky about that crap, just update them). Then make sure they are the same version as the core (.205 is the newest one and it looks like you are already using the .205 romset, just use the normal MAME core, don't mess around with the older MAME cores that have years next to them)

2. the CHD folders need to be in the same folder as the normal MAME roms, for those CHD games to work.

3. Load up a couple games you know should work, like Donkey Kong or Dig Dug or Street Fighter 2. Everything should work fine. If not, I remember a while ago, that you needed to have a Mame folder in the System directory (where you put all the Bioses). Not sure if that is the case now or not, but you might want to try , I know highscore and cheats won't work unless the highscore and cheat files are in the folder in the system directory.