LaunchBox Community Forums

Retoarch Help

knightCrawler

I finally got retroarch to run with Launchbox but there is still an issue When I click on a game Retroarch is the default emulator but it does not open the game so I have to choose another tab with the core!!! so my question is can Launchbox automatically choose the right coe without me having to choose it?  Right now I press Launch with>Retroarch>coreXXX?

37 minutes ago, knightCrawler said:

so my question is can Launchbox automatically choose the right coe without me having to choose it?

Launchbox has a pre-selected default core that will work if you have the core downloaded but if you don't have that core it won't work. If you prefer to use a core other than the pre-selected one then you will have to tell LB which one you wish to use.

There is no "right" core, only what core is best for you.

3 minutes ago, knightCrawler said:

Core for PSP work the issues is that play does not launch the game it does not even launches retroarch instead I get nothing I want to press play and play I do not want to use launche with>retroarch>pspcoreXXX

Then you need to tell launchbox to use it, it doesn't read minds. Tools/manage emulators/retroarch/associated platforms.