LaunchBox Community Forums

Is MAME easy to setup now?

Latch

Im currently using MAME romset V0.202 and launching via MAMEUI's latest version .205.

When I try to launch some games I get a variety of errors, for example, Moonwalker gave me "Too many textures" then when I reloaded it a few moments later, it ran... But all the 1941/2/3/xx games (That I can not get running no matter what version of the rom I download or what emulator I use) Gives me a full list of around 20 errors stating "41u_30.11f NOT FOUND (tried in 1941u 1941 1941u)" continuing with the same error and that required files are missing so I take these as a bad ROMSET?

Literally all I have done is downloaded the romset and MAMEUI and booted up, is there anything that I am missing that I should do before I run into any issues later such as BIOS updates/downloads, things along those lines or has MAMAE actually become that simple now and I have just got a bad dump for the 194x games?

27 minutes ago, Latch said:

Gives me a full list of around 20 errors stating "41u_30.11f NOT FOUND (tried in 1941u 1941 1941u)" continuing with the same error and that required files are missing so I take these as a bad ROMSET?

This is either a mismatched rom to the emulator version or if this is only happening when launched from LB you have to move your mame.ini file out from the \ini folder to the main Mame install folder where your Mame executable is located.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:22 AM, Lordmonkus said:

This is either a mismatched rom to the emulator version or if this is only happening when launched from LB you have to move your mame.ini file out from the \ini folder to the main Mame install folder where your Mame executable is located.

Thanks for that info, I've tried several emulators (MAME, MAMEUI and Retroarch with different cores along with 2 Roms of 1942 and I can never get it to run, does it require a certain BIOS or similar? 

9 minutes ago, Latch said:

Thanks for that info, I've tried several emulators (MAME, MAMEUI and Retroarch with different cores along with 2 Roms of 1942 and I can never get it to run, does it require a certain BIOS or similar? 

Depending on the romset you have it may or may not include the bios files. You say you have a 0.205 romset, are you using the 0.205 version of the MAME emulator? and what romset type do you have, Non-Merged, Merged or a split romset.