LaunchBox Community Forums

Alyssa - A Modern Theme (WIP)

bbweiners

On 3/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, Cookz718 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There you Go !! Is there any possible chance instead of showing the video or gameplay image it could show the coverart instead ??? Well if anything i guess once you have it done i would just switch the coding to that for my own personal preference.. But yess this is exactly what i was talking about ! and its coming out Fantastic !! Something just to add.. i remember i did it once and i completely forgot the coding for it but.. you can do something where each game you select is highlighted or something. Just so people know what game they are about to select.. Other than this is looking fantastic ! Great job

Thanks!

I can always send you a version where there's an image file instead of video. It isn't hard to do.

Also, if you know a way to be able to highlight the selected game in WallGamesView that would be awesome. As far as I know it's not currently possible to do. But if you know of a way, please let me know and I will include it.

3 hours ago, bbweiners said:

Thanks!

I can always send you a version where there's an image file instead of video. It isn't hard to do.

Also, if you know a way to be able to highlight the selected game in WallGamesView that would be awesome. As far as I know it's not currently possible to do. But if you know of a way, please let me know and I will include it.

the highlighting part ill try to start looking into it tonight for teh WallGamesView

and for the Image file Instead of Video PLEEEAASSEEE Would be great if you could send me a version like that.

3 hours ago, bbweiners said:

That PSP image looks great! I'd love to include that style artwork with this theme. I think your artwork and my theme compliment each other well.

AWESOME !! I'll begin to finish the artwork for all the other consoles and ill send them to you in a Private Message so you can include them within the package :) !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cookz718 said:

Its looking great !! Ill be working on the Icons / Images for you today expect some private messages throughout the day

Awesome! One quick note. I'm picky. For all the console and playlist icons, I like to have the logo width take up 75% of the square/banner that it's on. It seems to be what works the best with this theme. 

2 minutes ago, isilkin said:

Wow. This theme just keeps getting better. Could you upload a version with all the updated views. Also. I will try to post how to highlight something. For example the switch theme highlights games.

Thanks!

I'll upload the new views when everything is ready.

The switch theme isn't using wallgamesview, which is what I'm using. It's using boxesgamesview. They are not the same. Boxesgamesview only shows one row of games, while wallgamesview shows 3.

Ahh, I see. I am not so well versed in coding. I know I was able to change highlight colors in the switch theme so I assumed it was possible for other views but I guess not. What about magnification effect or adding any other property to the object that would give user an indication.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 12:22 AM, isilkin said:

Hi, cookz718 could you post whatever you have so far for the new views. I wanted to poke at it and see if I can suggest anything or modify it to my liking. 

aye i haven't messed around with the new views yet. or are you suggesting the views in terms of the PSD for the designs ?

Thanks @Dawson1989. Every time I think I'm done, something else comes up, haha. The last things I need to do is get it working with the new font system, take a few screenshots and make a couple of videos.

I'm going to end up having to break this theme with all the new views into two themes. Unfortunately, there's only so many views you can do in one theme. I can't give any specifics on when I'll be done, but I'm hoping less than a week.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, bbweiners said:

Thanks @Dawson1989. Every time I think I'm done, something else comes up, haha. The last things I need to do is get it working with the new font system, take a few screenshots and make a couple of videos.

I'm going to end up having to break this theme with all the new views into two themes. Unfortunately, there's only so many views you can do in one theme. I can't give any specifics on when I'll be done, but I'm hoping less than a week.

is the new version up yet ?