LaunchBox Community Forums

Alyssa - A Modern Theme (WIP)

bbweiners

Hi,

I wanted to create a more modern looking theme that is meant to be used on your living room TV's. This theme is loosely based on the Xbox One interface. It's still a work in progress but is close to being completed. I'm open to suggestions but am pretty settled on what I have.

Thanks!

Platforms.png

Platforms 2.png

Games.png

• Like 1

@isilkin -- Alyssa is my oldest daughters name. I named a previous theme, Holly, after my youngest daughter.

I don't plan to upload it for testing. I don't like the idea of uploading something until I feel it's ready. I'm getting close to being happy with everything. 

I don't understand making the fanart the background. Are you suggesting having the same fanart that's being used to be used again, blurred and full screen? Or, are you suggesting removing it the way it's currently being used and just blurring it and using it full screen? The second option would completely change the look of the theme to the point that it wouldn't even be what I wanted to create in the first place.

I don't think adding game description text would fit well. There's really not space to add anything else without making the theme look cluttered and not clean, which is not what modern interfaces look like. I'm also just not a fan of game description text. I think adding anything else would require a major rework of the theme.

You mentioned being good with Photoshop. I suggest taking the images I've posted and try reworking things to your liking using Photoshop and posting them here. Maybe I'm wrong and not seeing things the way you're envisioning them, and your suggestions would work.

Thank you for the feedback, and I hope I didn't sound too harsh. It's hard not to sometimes when speaking via text, haha.