LaunchBox Community Forums

Alyssa - A Modern Theme (WIP)

bbweiners

@Retro808 @Cookz718 -- I fixed the 'Total Games' alignment issue in Platforms view. I did some snooping around and figured out what appears to be a good fix. Could you try the latest version, 1.0.1, and let me know if it looks ok. I have a low resolution monitor at work (where I am right now) and can't see if it scales correctly.

Thanks 

On 2/21/2019 at 5:07 PM, Cookz718 said:

162949553_Example1.thumb.jpg.085af00d6c3c4e020d64b12b20eb8a5f.jpg670375512_Example2.thumb.jpg.12e99676bd42b02527e08321f1018660.jpgyou could add a Wall View something like this (this is just a rough edit/draft/ideas)

and also for the console selection something more simplistic like this

1157460488_Example3.thumb.jpg.172f5e36e672d89157c5c4587d280a1c.jpg

Again this a very nice theme. The problem with releasing something to the community is everyone has a comment, suggestion or a bug report. Here are my suggestions:

1. I like that you have released it and gradually will be adding new views. 

2. I think it would be nice to have a view where instead of game icons we can have box covers because icons are hard to read from a distance.

3. perhaps you could add an alternative platform view like the image above simply because it is a cleaner look and keep the xbox one look in the game section.

Love this theme! I am having an issue, though. When I select a game... I can't see the options to play etc. So if I scroll through NES, and then select a game, say BattleToads and Double Dragon, this is what I see:

image.thumb.png.fb715f3d55a18d157a984eae6b172b46.pngI'm not sure what's relevant. 1920x1080 display, no dpi scaling.v 101 of the theme.

Edited by fromlostdays

@fromlostdays -- First you want to install the font Teko SemiBold, it's located in the fonts folder.

If you press enter or whatever button you use on your controller in the screen that you showed me, you will open the game. If you go to the BigBox home screen and select Options/Game Menu and enable "show play" you'll see the option in the top left of the screen to play the game.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bbweiners said:

@isilkin -- I think the box covers idea is great. I just messed around with it for 10 minutes or so, and I think it works really well. My only question right now is, what replaces the box cover that is currently in the top left corner?

Also, the platform view that @Cookz718 did is very cool. I'd like to add that at some point.

I think you could just switch them around and have game logos at the top left. Another idea is to show back of the cover. What about putting game details in the top left. Just brainstorming here.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, bbweiners said:

I'm in the process of working on two new games views and one platform view. Here is the first --WallView3.thumb.png.e96d1132f5aec6dfabc45310ac5ab925.pngWallView2.thumb.png.3a74613d477e88aa26cdb20de03332d7.pngWallView1.thumb.png.596da2dacad70a51148c9ec34ef2e93d.png

YESSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There you Go !! Is there any possible chance instead of showing the video or gameplay image it could show the coverart instead ??? Well if anything i guess once you have it done i would just switch the coding to that for my own personal preference.. But yess this is exactly what i was talking about ! and its coming out Fantastic !! Something just to add.. i remember i did it once and i completely forgot the coding for it but.. you can do something where each game you select is highlighted or something. Just so people know what game they are about to select.. Other than this is looking fantastic ! Great job

I like this view for platforms. An alternative would be making "psp" full screen and moving platform icons from the left corner to the bottom of the screen abd spread them out. But this would not be an improvement but merrily a matter of opinion. Though like someone said in the post above highlighting a game that is chosen would be a very useful addon.