LaunchBox Community Forums

Alyssa - A Modern Theme (WIP)

bbweiners

1 hour ago, bbweiners said:

@Cookz718 -- Those are some really good ideas. I may try both. Right now I'm going to try to get the theme out in the next couple of days. But, I love the idea of continuing to add views. And like I said, I like what you did.

appreciate it.. I had did some alterations on the Chicuelo Theme to my comfort and with the way your theme is coming out its literally exactly what i felt the Chicuelo theme was missing.. Hopefully these can give you some inspirations of the modifications i did to it (the list of games as well)

(BTW Chicuelo is not my theme)

BIGBOX5.jpg.2cba42dda46ede09daec62d2dc3b43cf.thumb.jpg.3038be4c51f3c7458f2c2e4323dd40ac.jpgBIGBOX7.jpg.752211b325e45306f215fa6e91da8a55.thumb.jpg.5d69e7927b7fd6268c929db1e039dd5a.jpgBIGBOX6.jpg.214fa6ac3dc3570b09bbcc9d8f555cff.thumb.jpg.f45b6b163a7c707096f61617b308bd9f.jpg

5 hours ago, Cookz718 said:

162949553_Example1.thumb.jpg.085af00d6c3c4e020d64b12b20eb8a5f.jpg670375512_Example2.thumb.jpg.12e99676bd42b02527e08321f1018660.jpgyou could add a Wall View something like this (this is just a rough edit/draft/ideas)

and also for the console selection something more simplistic like this

1157460488_Example3.thumb.jpg.172f5e36e672d89157c5c4587d280a1c.jpg

I really like this look. One suggestion: could you make the border around the selected game thicker or brighter. or perhaps magnifying effect. it seems it will be easy to loose where the cursor is especially from far away on the tv.

1 hour ago, Cookz718 said:

great job ! any possibility on release ?

Thanks! The latest view set me back some, but it's almost done. I'm probably going to continue adding more views, but I think I'll just finish up what I have now and release it. I can add and update as time goes on. I'd like to think in the next few days I'll post it.

10 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

Thanks! The latest view set me back some, but it's almost done. I'm probably going to continue adding more views, but I think I'll just finish up what I have now and release it. I can add and update as time goes on. I'd like to think in the next few days I'll post it.

awesome !! looking forward to it ! Aye if i end up finding some cool ideas to add ill def run it by you and share incase it may be something you would like to incorporate

You know guys with as much interest as I see for such a contemporary theme, makes me wonder how in the world it took so long for someone to request it.  I think launchbox is like at least 7 years old. Anyhow I am very excited about it. Also there is another person currently trying to design a replica of Xbox one theme so feel free to contribute to him as well.

26 minutes ago, isilkin said:

You know guys with as much interest as I see for such a contemporary theme, makes me wonder how in the world it took so long for someone to request it.  I think launchbox is like at least 7 years old. Anyhow I am very excited about it. Also there is another person currently trying to design a replica of Xbox one theme so feel free to contribute to him as well.

My guess is that you can blame Hyperspin for that aesthetic popularity. I guess people got really used to those selector wheels and clear logos :P

I see what it is. I guess this is a limitation of the current theming options. If you have BigBox/Options/Platform Details/Show Default Emulator checked, that will cause the issue. It shouldn't but does. Maybe I can request that get fixed.

So for now if you want it to look correct you'll have to disable -- Show Default Emulator.

To expound a bit, this was the only way I could do it to include Playlists in the game count.

Edited by bbweiners
  • Like 1

looking great ! tried it on my 4K Monitor and it works great ! i do feel like there should be some slight changes in terms of the list view for the games have a small area where we can see the list or something idk.. kind of like what i've suggested before.. Other than that it is amazing !! ill be making some custom images for this theme

14 minutes ago, Cookz718 said:

looking great ! tried it on my 4K Monitor and it works great ! i do feel like there should be some slight changes in terms of the list view for the games have a small area where we can see the list or something idk.. kind of like what i've suggested before.. Other than that it is amazing !! ill be making some custom images for this theme

Thanks! I hear what you're saying about the list view. I beat myself up over how I wanted to do that for a while. I just couldn't come up with a way that I liked other than what I settled on.

I'm pumped to hear you want to create some custom images!

Also, I couldn't test this theme on a 4k display. I think the way it's written it should translate well. But please let me know if there are issues.