LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Emumovies Sync with Launchbox

DerekWorld

Hello!  I didn't have much success with using Launchbox itself to download videos so I used Emumovies sync which was super fast getting the videos downloaded for each platform.

I copied them into the respective video folders in Launchbox but it doesn't play them. It only plays movies that were downloaded by Launchbox. I noticed when you use Emumovies Sync, it names the files the same as the matching ROMS but usually the ROM names do not match the Game Title after it's been matched up with a Lauchbox ID. Could this be the problem? If so is there some way other than editing the video path manually to get them to sync up? I'd never have the time or patience to add the paths manually for 12k games ? Thanks in advance and appreciate the help. Cheers.

Yes, any media that is named the same as the ROM will also be picked up automatically by LB.  For example, all my MAME media uses the ROM name, not the game title and works fine.

A couple things to look at:

1) Validate that your Video path is pointing to where you put the videos.  Right click on the Platform and edit to see listing as below.  As quadruple check, browse to the directory you know you have stored them and then hit okay.

image.thumb.png.23b1948f083ad1f15a3402d3359651e2.png2) Make sure you have put the videos in the correct path and indeed do have the same name.  Do a test of one you know is not showing, go to LB and copy the ROM name then go to the video and overwrite/copy over the name.  Do a F5 refresh on that game and see if picks up.  If not, likely a path issue (see #1 above).  One thing to keep in mind as well is that LB ignores things after brackets and parenthesis.  So for example if game title in LB is "Action Force" and ROM is titled "Action Force (USA).7z" then media will be picked up if called "Action Force.mp4".  Special characters can cause issues.  LB takes care of renaming if downloading. 

3) Make sure you have done a "refresh" after you have dumped the media and/or renamed something to your directory (Select All, then F5). 

4) it would be interesting to understand why you couldn't download from the LB DB. For most part, that process just works and takes care of linking the file names and media when downloading.  So makes me wonder if something associated with that issue is causing problems here as well. 

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, gareth_iowc said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread just thought it would be better to contuine this one.

Total n00b question but what images are require to make  the games look nice in bigbox? 

I don't need the excess stuff like pcb images 

Untitled.png

It completely depends on what theme you are using, different themes use different image types.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TheRiceKing said:

I hate to bump this but you answer something I was having a huge problem with. LaunchBox gets stuck and stops downloading. I have a lifetime subscription with EmuMovies. I wish LaunchBox used the same naming conventionm as EmuMovies. Thank you

Hi @TheRiceKing. Emumovies uses ROM file names for their naming convention. LaunchBox can read images that are named after the ROM file, even though it's not the default. You would simply copy the downloaded images from their sync tool to the appropriate LaunchBox image folder. 

Just now, faeran said:

Hi @TheRiceKing. Emumovies uses ROM file names for their naming convention. LaunchBox can read images that are named after the ROM file, even though it's not the default. You would simply copy the downloaded images from their sync tool to the appropriate LaunchBox image folder. 

Thank you  for this information. I wasn't sure because when I went to move the images from EmuMovies to Launchbox I noticed that the folder structure is very different. Also Launchbox creates subfolders for each country and the EmuMovie Sync Tool does not subcategory meaning it throws every image into the same folder. Do I also need to separate the images by country like Launchbox does in order for them to be picked up by Launchbox?

Just now, TheRiceKing said:

Thank you  for this information. I wasn't sure because when I went to move the images from EmuMovies to Launchbox I noticed that the folder structure is very different. Also Launchbox creates subfolders for each country and the EmuMovie Sync Tool does not subcategory meaning it throws every image into the same folder. Do I also need to separate the images by country like Launchbox does in order for them to be picked up by Launchbox?

You don't have to separate by country, you can leave it in the root image folder (eg. Images\Box - Front).

• Like 1