LaunchBox Community Forums

Origin/uPlay/GOG/Twitch import

denzw13

Thanks for the response and thanks for editing my post, it was certainly not my intention to promote another front-end, because... we already know launchbox is the best around, right?

It'd be a really good feature to get added to automate the process of adding other DRM/client games into Launchbox.

In scenarios where someone has a living room PC running Bigbox for example, having to manually add games can take a while and require ongoing maintenance to add any newly purchased games. Having the libraries of uPlay, Origin, etc linked would hopefully eliminate this. 

Yeah I think it would be a worthwhile feature to add, maybe it will be on the next poll.

Personally though I don't care one way or the other since I don't import my games that way, I put shortcuts for all my games in a folder and just bulk import them like any other platform. Yeah it takes a few minutes to manage it at first and put the shortcuts into a folder but it really isn't a big deal to me.

The Windows importer should do a good job with it already, so long as shortcuts for the games are available in the Start menu. Otherwise, you can just drag a batch of shortcuts over as Monkus mentioned. I do plan to add other importers eventually, but considering that's it's already fairly easy, it hasn't been a high priority.

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Shawson said:

This would be an awesome feature.  Is there an API for people to contribute plugins?  I wrote an Oculus store importer for another front end which I'm sure could be ported?  Could you also add Epic store to that list?

Yes, there's an API for plugins:

http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com/html/4cf923f7-940c-5735-83de-04107a6ae0e6.htm

• 2 months later...

I just wanna say that I'm also making an official request for import functions for all the mentioned platforms. I basicly only have a handful og games installed on my SSD and my 500/500 connection takes care of the rest. Some way to link up other Launchers like Origin, Uplay, Microsoft Store etc. for easy install. That would be quite lovely! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...