LaunchBox Community Forums

(Solved) Big Box PAINFULLY slow!

gogoplata

Ok so at work all seemed fine. It was when I brought it home it starting freezing up again. It's funny as it will load fine aside from the delays. The games would load too eventually.

The only difference between work and home (same PC) was the amount of USB devices plugged in.

At work I had my windows Xbox controller adapter and a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo only.

At home I have a Corsair K63 wireless dongle, Logitech gaming mouse dongle, aimtrak wide light sensor, infra red remote sensor and some other usb extensions as well as the other devices I had plugged in at work.

I also have an older 4 port USB 2.0 header attached to the motherboard and some devices were plugged into that.

Some of the dongles were even on extensions to give more range 

I unplugged everything except the Xbox wireless adapter, Logitech dongle and infra red remote sensor (media center). These 3 are all plugged into the motherboard USB ports only.

It all seems to work so I think it's one of those other USB devices or the USB 2.0 header.

Launchbox loads in about 20 seconds now.

I will reboot a few times and keep testing in case it was a fluke.

Edited by turbofeet

1 minute ago, turbofeet said:

Ok so at work all seemed fine. It was when I brought it home it starting freezing up again. It's funny as it will load fine aside from the delays. The games would load too eventually.

The only difference between work and home (same PC) was the amount of USB devices plugged in.

At work I had my windows Xbox controller adapter and a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo only.

At home I have a Corsair K63 wireless dongle, Logitech gaming mouse dongle, aimtrak wide light sensor, infra red remote sensor and some other usb extensions as well as the other devices I had plugged in at work.

I also have an older 4 port USB 2.0 header attached to the motherboard and some devices were plugged into that.

I unplugged everything except the Xbox wireless adapter, Logitech dongle and infra red remote sensor (media center). These 3 are all plugged into the motherboard USB ports only.

It all seems to work so I think it's one of those other USB devices or the USB 2.0 header.

Launchbox loads in about 20 seconds now.

I will reboot a few times and keep testing in case it was a fluke.

If i had to guess i would say its the corsair, we have seen issues with them before.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, turbofeet said:

Thanks Neil I will test it a bit more when I get some more time and then perhaps start plugging stuff back in to confirm.

The Corsair dongle was plugged into the USB 2.0 backplate in a Logitech dongle extension cable so perhaps I had complicated matters a bit lol...

On 10/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, turbofeet said:

Thanks Neil I will test it a bit more when I get some more time and then perhaps start plugging stuff back in to confirm.

The Corsair dongle was plugged into the USB 2.0 backplate in a Logitech dongle extension cable so perhaps I had complicated matters a bit lol...

You got it man.

I slowly plugged items back in and tested for a few days. I have had zero delay until...Corsair Dongle plugged into USB 2.0 Extension (for range) is the cause. What a b*stard!

I'll plug it into it's own USB 3.0 Port and see how we get on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, mohanned85 said:

i did indeed @Jason Carr

I would think it would have to be one of the following issues:

• Driver or Windows update issue
  • Conflicting application running in the background
  • Incorrectly operating USB device

So make sure you've tried closing down all apps you have running in the background, unplugged all USB devices except for your keyboard and mouse, and updated everything.

What are you using as controllers?

I would also try removing all USB Bluetooth based devices and try with the controllers connected by USB rather than Wireless.

I have a new issue now with Micro Stuttering in modern games (not in Launchbox) so there may well be a windows update that is causing odd behaviour too.

A fresh install of Windows may resolve that.

• Like 1