LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox and bigbox wont start

Daz101

3 minutes ago, Daz101 said:

I did that and its still just the mouse circle for a second and nothing

OK can you try one last thing for me please? Can you cut and paste your entire Data folder from the Launchbox folder out of it temporarily and try opening Launchbox, i just want to check that something from your data isnt causing the issue. Launchbox should open with default settings and no platforms/games in it. You can just move it back after testing it. 

Just now, Daz101 said:

I cut out the data folder and still not launching

Hmm OK, well i am at a bit of a loss here then i am afraid. The only thing i can do now is let @Jason Carr the Launchbox developer investigate a little more, he wont be around for few more hours as he is US based, but ill make sure he see's this thread. So if you can just be a little patient until then that would be appreciated, and thanks for bearing with us and trying the steps we requested.

One thing to make sure of is that LaunchBox isn't currently running in the Task Manager. If it's currently running in the background for some reason, then LaunchBox and Big Box won't start up. The easiest thing to do is just reboot, but you can kill all instances of LaunchBox.exe and BigBox.exe in the Task Manager instead.

If that's not the issue, it looks like it may be game controller-related, looking at the log file that @neil9000 sent me. What game controllers are you using? Can you try unplugging them to see if that's the issue?

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

One thing to make sure of is that LaunchBox isn't currently running in the Task Manager. If it's currently running in the background for some reason, then LaunchBox and Big Box won't start up. The easiest thing to do is just reboot, but you can kill all instances of LaunchBox.exe and BigBox.exe in the Task Manager instead.

If that's not the issue, it looks like it may be game controller-related, looking at the log file that @neil9000 sent me. What game controllers are you using? Can you try unplugging them to see if that's the issue?

Ill reply here as well, @Daz101 did PM me and we had a brief chat, his issue seems to be that it works when he installs it, but after a reboot it no longer loads. So i dont think its running in the background as it actually works until he reboots.

And the CRAZY thing is too that ive been installing 3 versions of launchbox on my laptop too not just my desktop and the laptop too evetually stops launching the software that has no controllers connected. v4.7 seems to be okay but that aint got big box

Hmm, this is pretty strange. What versions of Windows 10 are you running on those two machines? Are they up to date?

I guess the next thing I would try is closing out any and all applications that you have running in the background, including anything that starts up on boot, to see if one of those apps is somehow conflicting. We have seen some issues with some badly coded background apps over the years.

I have solved the problem finally!! on my desktop and laptop there was an update called  

Kb97362 that has something to do with windows 10 video driver agent. I un-installed that and its working now after 9 test boots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daz101 said:

I have solved the problem finally!! on my desktop and laptop there was an update called  

Kb97362 that has something to do with windows 10 video driver agent. I un-installed that and its working now after 9 test boots.

Glad to hear you got it fixed. That's certainly interesting; I'll keep an eye out for that if anyone else has similar issues.

15 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Glad to hear you got it fixed. That's certainly interesting; I'll keep an eye out for that if anyone else has similar issues.

Thanks for launchbox jason its an underground revolution for us gamers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Just as an after thought off topic, it would be cool to see a 'Default' option in the big box settings menu , theres so so many settings all are useful but hard to roll back to default when a user makes a messup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daz101 said:

Just as an after thought off topic, it would be cool to see a 'Default' option in the big box settings menu , theres so so many settings all are useful but hard to roll back to default when a user makes a messup

Yeah, I agree. That is something that we should add. The easiest thing to do currently is just to delete the BigBoxSettings.xml file, but users don't tend to know that.