LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball Arcade and lack of data

vaderag

I'm wondering if this is just me or a broad issue, but I have Pinball Arcade set up with each game separate, and I only get metadata for a couple of tables...

Anyone else finding this? Wondering if my naming convention is throwing things off or something...

Thanks

11 minutes ago, vaderag said:

I'm wondering if this is just me or a broad issue, but I have Pinball Arcade set up with each game separate, and I only get metadata for a couple of tables...

Anyone else finding this? Wondering if my naming convention is throwing things off or something...

Thanks

Pinball Tables are not currently part of our database.

@vaderag

EmuMovies does have some media, so likely that is where it is pulling from if query from LB.  But Pinball (sadly) is not in the DB beyond those few that are part of MAME.  You can validate by noting in the edit window and pinball games will not show there is a Launchbox DB ID to the far right of the name. 

There are some packs of media in the download section of the forum (logos for FP for example) so might also check that section out.  But otherwise a lot of hunting and/or generating of own media on the pinball front.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Belgarath said:

Pinball is in the DB, there's just not many entries.

@Belgarath

Oops, I stand corrected. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/87087

I guess when I looked way back when adding didn't notice since hadn't imported them with search turned on.  I remember seeing a thread at one point on adding some fields as well.  The problem I see is that with them all jammed into the Pinball platform and not by say Future Pinball, Virtual Pinball, etc. along with no version field or indicator of "recreation" or "original" (for FP) it will get confusing on which table is which art wise. 

It took me a long time to cleanup my Pinball section and add art, naming, etc, so will have to take a look and see what can add media wise at least for the more popular tables.