LaunchBox Community Forums

2-Player USB Controller Conflicts

RULLUR

So I own 2 Wireless PS3/PC Controller from Afterglow that use a USB dongle to play on both. Thing is I can't always get both to stay Player 1 or Player 2 on different things I play. Controller 1 might play as Player 1 on one Emulator or PC Game, but will then act as Player 2 on something else and vise-versa. Not sure what to do since even how I configure my controllers to everything I have Controller 1 set to everything in Player 1 yet still at times will end up reacting to Controller 2 as Player 1. Sometimes I get it all set right until I turn the PC off and things go back to Controller 1 as Player 2 to where I try ejecting the USB of each out and try a different slot, even turn off the controllers and place them in a different slot and turn them on and so on until hopefully it all works as it should.

So with that being said, does anyone happen to know a permanent solution for getting Controller 1 to stay as Player 1 and Controller 2 as Player 2 on these identical controllers without any further conflict on Windows 10? They respond to controls as if they were XBOX 360 or XBOX one in button placements just in case the details of that needed to be noted

Edited by RULLUR

1 hour ago, Charco said:

I believe this is simply an issue with how Windows assigns devices and as far as I am aware there is no way around it.

I wish I could somehow assign each to a driver letter or something at least. I've been searching like crazy for a solution from Google to YouTube and so on. I figured our community here would have some that actually have a cool tip on something like that. These controllers are amazing other than getting mixed up like that. I at times think of going the Bluetooth route though

Edited by RULLUR

• 4 years later...

Having this issue is maddening. All the things we can do with technology today. AI, space travel, holograms, we can even make nuclear gravity bombs...but being able to use multiple controllers or keyboards; well, this is just asking too much. I feel like the solution should be incredibly simple, MS is just too lazy to spend an hour figuring it out. I noticed trying to plug in and use multiple keyboards, it is the same driver for all of them, seems you would just need individual drivers that identify them as separate devices, they do it on consoles. Why not Desktops? But what do I know?

It's a known problem with Windows, for example @haimbilia would have a very good solution, I very much hope that the programme is optimised and should be converted into a launchbox plugin

have a look here :

also if you want to help me out by voting for this feature where I ask for at least the visibility of the controllers connected in launchbox, here :

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/8239/display-any-connected-controllers-from

🤗

Edited by Sbaby