LaunchBox Community Forums

New Light Gun on Kickstarter

Napalm2016

I wanted to share this with the forum if this is against the site rules then I apologies and please remove the post accordingly only sharing a product which I think is awesome and am no way affiliated with the creator of the product

Wondered if anyone on here has seen the Sinden Light Gun? Works on LCD screens and CRT without the need for a sensor bar or recalibration the goal has already been smashed after a day but wanted to share with anyone who doesn't know about it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sindenlightgun/the-sinden-lightgun/description

• Thanks 1

TAKE MY MONEY!!  I know a lot of Kickstarter stuff either never ends up seeing the light of day. Or it drops a good year + after it's suppose to.  But he showed it working. MAN if I can play Virtua Cop and Time Crisis on my TV it's going to be a wrap for me. And there will be a model with recoil?  Last month I tried playing Carnevil on Mame, wasn't an arcade game I loved or anything, but I did use to play it at the mall. Maybe I just couldn't figure out the correct mouse settings in MAME, but it was unplayable for me. He should also make a machine gun for Time Crisis and a shot gun for HOTD3 versions. I know it won't happen but would be so cool.  I know I'm over simplifying it, but this is basically an air remote in a light gun body. Hummm maybe I should go Google and see if anyone has made the LG air remote (what I have) work like that. If I could play Virtua Cop on Mame with it, it would be pretty damn cool.

PLEEEEEEASE let there not be any production issues and have this come out in September of this year (my birthday!)

Edited by Quebert

7 minutes ago, Quebert said:

I know I'm over simplifying it, but this is basically an air remote in a light gun body. Hummm maybe I should go Google and see if anyone has made the LG air remote (what I have) work like that. If I could play Virtua Cop on Mame with it, it would be pretty damn cool.

PLEEEEEEASE let there not be any production issues and have this come out in September of this year (my birthday!)

Lol I know what you are saying here but to me it seems very cool and he has been working on this for a couple of years already as Ive been following him on it unfortunately the release says October but as its kickstarter you know could be issues with production and delays on the way :(

Unless I read some really really really bad reviews of it, I don't see how I'm not going to order one.  It could even be interesting to use in a game like CS: GO or some other FPS. The fact he has a video showing him using it to play an actual game is a big plus.  A lot of Kickstarters are just fools talking about what they want to make, and maybe a video with some pre-rendered 3d model. So even if this needs a lot of work to be production ready, there's an actual working model of it.  

Edited by Quebert

• 3 weeks later...

I saw it last month and was wavering on supporting it beyond my token $5 which has no "reward". I know if I don't, and it comes out later, I will regret having to may more for it. But I spent a lot this month and just supported a kickstarter for $100 for a genius who is writing a book and help for computer pattern recognition. I have another project where I will use a Raspberry Pi to recognize areas, detect motion, exclude certain areas, etc. So that is my other project over the summer :) I have to admit, though, that other than having to have a white border around the screen and perhaps some slight latency issues until he uses a more expensive 60fps camera, it is the best solution going. It will even be able to recognize 3D space, not just where you are pointing on the screen.

Edited by FlightRisk

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I remember such a gun I had as a child on a dandy. And I played different shooting games, and I liked it! I think that I will need to buy such a thing and try to let my son play. Here he will be surprised! Especially since his birthday is coming soon. And I wonder if you can use such a thing in CS: GO, or will it be a cheat? I'll have to read more about this thing on the Internet. I'm interested in you, man! Only I will need to sell all my skins in CS: GO to buy this thing, but I will find a site where I can do it myself. But I thank you for sharing this information with us! Good luck to you!

skinsmonkey.com

Edited by karenzoall