LaunchBox Community Forums

Future Pinball

lou silver

On 2/18/2021 at 6:38 AM, vgbox said:

@lou silver

Thanks for this thread and effort.

I downloaded your files, all the files in the opening thread links - .fpt, images and videos, imported the .fpt to LB, in the import process unchecked everything related to info and media download, only checked "combine roms with matching titles into a single game". it imported 2415 tables.
after that i overwrite lb images folder with one your images folder, added the video snaps, replaced the xml with yours.

1. Is 2415 tables the correct amount of imported tables? 
2. What is the difference between the "box fronts clear logos" and "cover art" linked content? They both have the same lb images folder structure... 
3. How to mass change the tables addresses in the xml file so the tables load from lb? My tables are outside of fp emulator folder and as a result won't load from lb.

should be 2671 tables , sorry things are a bit of a mess I'll be revamping soon, I've never tried running them outside the emulator folder but I think you would have to hi light all the tables in LB (ctrl A) , click on tools - change rom folder path for selected games option and set a new location.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@lou silver thank you for the amazing work you have put into this project. I have a question about the LB Platforms XML in that the .fpt files seem to be in subfolders which don't exist/are named differently in the dump of tables I managed to source. For example:

XML says:    

<ApplicationPath>Emulators\Future Pinball\Tables\commander_keen-table_2_0\Commander Keen (2.0).fpt</ApplicationPath>

File location in the torrent (once I've extracted the zip) is:

\Commander Keen (Mark1)(3.0)\2.0\Commander Keen (2.0).fpt

Is there a better torrent which aligns to the naming convention of the XML, or is there an updated XML which matches the naming in the torrent?