LaunchBox Community Forums

32bit LaunchBox?

7ank0v1c

Hey guys,

I am aiming to make a completely portable setup, which is the most compatible with all computers.

I realized however after completing most of my efforts with the emulators (except for one), I need a 32bit LaunchBox as opposed to a 64bit one. I however for the life of me cannot find a 32bit installation file.

Could someone help me?

17 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

There isn't one but it does work on 32 bit hardware, I have an old 32 bit Windows 7 PC with Launchbox installed on it and it works fine.

So I can just plug my 64bit installation into another computer and it'll work?

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

LB installer includes both and defaults to the systems architecture

So just plug and go or reinstall again?

Thanks guys by the way

7 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

If you install it on a 32 bit system first it will work on anything but if you install on a 64 bit system first it will most likely not port over well to a 32 bit system.

Okay, I guess I just need to find a 32bit windows somewhere now...

Thanks man

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Wait I'm so confused now if you don't already have 32bit version of Windows why do you need the 32 bit version of LB?

Here is why:

2 hours ago, 7ank0v1c said:

Hey guys,

I am aiming to make a completely portable setup, which is the most compatible with all computers.

So I have Windows 10 - 64bit, but say if I went home to parents for the weekend or friends and they had a 32bit Windows, I wanna just be able to plug in my HD, install the few dependencies which are DirectX and .net and then play without messing around with emulator settings or LaunchBox settings. I have successfully done this with all the emulators I use so far (except Dolphin, which is understandable as it needs 64bit). It literally just a fresh install of a 32bit LaunchBox by the looks of it now I need and I'm done...

Although saying that, I have one other issue with Dolphin which I may ask about later if I can't find answers.

Thanks again ?

• 1 year later...

I have just tried to install Launchbox to a 32-bit version of Windows, and was unable to run the installer.  When I tried it, I got the error message that it isn't a valid Win32 application.  Funny thing is, I ran a search on my error message, and this thread didn't come up until after I was told that only 64-bit software was available now.  Something odd is happening! 

Kiwi 

Just now, The-Kiwi said:

I have just tried to install Launchbox to a 32-bit version of Windows, and was unable to run the installer.  When I tried it, I got the error message that it isn't a valid Win32 application.  Funny thing is, I ran a search on my error message, and this thread didn't come up until after I was told that only 64-bit software was available now.  Something odd is happening! 

Kiwi 

Please dont post in multiple threads with the same issue. Nothing strange is happening, you are running a 32bit version of Windows, Launchbox is now 64bit only.