LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple bezels same Retroarch core question

Mr. RetroLust

I can't find the thread anymore but I swear I've read something about this before, my problem is with the genesis plus core and bezels, since this core emulates so many different systems it's not so easy to use a bezel per core, for instance I'd like to be able to save a different bezel for mega drive, sg-1000, master system etc. The workaround would be to save the bezel override per game but was hoping there was a way to duplicate the core for each platform, anyone able to help me find the info/thread about this?

29 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I can't find the thread anymore but I swear I've read something about this before, my problem is with the genesis plus core and bezels, since this core emulates so many different systems it's not so easy to use a bezel per core, for instance I'd like to be able to save a different bezel for mega drive, sg-1000, master system etc. The workaround would be to save the bezel override per game but was hoping there was a way to duplicate the core for each platform, anyone able to help me find the info/thread about this?

They added a new override option a few versions back for cases such as this. Just save a "Content Override" instead of a core or game one.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Cool! Thanks as always bro, will try it out!

Hello,

can you help me with this?  i have bezels working on sega genesis, but for sega cd uses the same core.  how can get both to work with their bezels when they both use the same core?

40 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

Hello,

can you help me with this?  i have bezels working on sega genesis, but for sega cd uses the same core.  how can get both to work with their bezels when they both use the same core?

When you save an override you have 3 choices, save as game, content or core. When you choose content you'll save as folder where your games are located, this way its separate even if using the same core.

11 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

hmmm, read your url.

so...

something like this??

Content directory settings -> Applied when loading content from a particular directory

Yes, as already stated there are 3 different overrides, one for the core which will work for all games loaded with that core, one for content which differentiates between the games in the folders, so my mega drive, master system, mega cd and game gear roms are all in there own folders not lumped together, so a content override will be for all games in say my megadrive rom folder if thats what i have loaded at the time, and game is self explainetary.

• Like 1

yes, understood, i guess what im trying to say is.  using the bezel project, every game on my sega master system and genesis, each game has  its own special bezel.  Sega cd has a folder with all the sega cd bezels for each sega cd game.  After i did what you told me it loads the same sega cd for all sega cd games.  is there a way to make it work like the others, were every sega cd game has its own bezel?

so the override for directories only covers the last folder in the hierarchy, for example for sega naomi.  each game has its own folder because the games consist of .cue and .lst file.  so once you tell retrorch to save anything loaded from that folder, when you launch the next game, the overlay will not show because its only reading anything originating from that folder.

here is one of my sega naomi paths as an example.

H:\roms\Sega Naomi\Gunspike\GunSpike.lst