LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to make the playlist select screen less drab in Big Box?

Medullah

6 minutes ago, boslaw said:

No - what I'm saying is, a given game may require a number of files (bios/rom, etc.). The user won't necessarily know all the dependencies of a particular game but I assume that adding a game through a front end would have those dependencies built in (maybe not, but that would be ideal).

That would require the frontend to also keep up with the emulators as they change since it is the emulator that would require if a rom needs additional files to work. So not only would the developer need to stay on top of his program, but all emulators as well. A bit much to ask for any program especially one with only one develper. 

The user has to at some point know what they are doing. They either have to know how to import the roms they want or know how to push a button when looking at a list of playlists. Not trying to sound mean here, but a frontend cannot be all things to all users. 

• Like 1

Fair point. I guess I'm just finding the little things to be difficult with launchbox (although it is nice and fast and I did get it up and running very quickly). Maybe it just takes some getting used to. With help from things like Don's Hypertools, I was able to configure HyperSpin to do all of the things I've been talking about in this thread. 

Now that I have my entire mame collection in launchbox, how do I delete and re-import the short list of games that I want?

On 6/6/2019 at 4:49 AM, Medullah said:

Hey I figured I'd ask you since you were so helpful rather than open a new thread.  I figured out my playlist woes (I assumed applying a theme to main theme would do everything, but it was just the main screen DOH).  Now I'm wondering if there's a way to turn off "infinite scroll" on my playlists.  As you can see in the screenshot I only have two playlists so it looks kind of stupid having them all over the screen.  

2019-06-06_7-47-22.png

Just make more playlists! haha.  There's a bunch to be downloaded.

8 hours ago, boslaw said:

With help from things like Don's Hypertools, I was able to configure HyperSpin to do all of the things I've been talking about in this thread. 

Now that I have my entire mame collection in launchbox, how do I delete and re-import the short list of games that I want?

I used don's hyperlist, and then found some other program that copied the roms of the games from the xml list into a new folder or something like that.  Then I deleted all the remaining games from the mame folder, and copied back only the ones that were from the curated don's hyperlist back into the mame folder.  So for the last 3 years or so, since I went through all that work to get rid of the gigs of mahjong and fruit machine crap, I haven't updated roms because I never want to do that again lol.  So my base set that I imported into launchbox initially was already curated.  I think it would be good to get to that point and then just select those files from a regular import.

Edited by damageinc86