LaunchBox Community Forums

RA - Standalone Emulators not working SegaCD / MAME

TechXero

Hello again

I just imported Sega CD ROMs set up with RA which has all cores imaginable downloaded still none of my ROMs work, LB says launching then back to home screen. I set up RA following ETA's video tutorial.

Edited by TechXero

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, TechXero said:

Hello again

I just imported Sega CD ROMs set up with RA which has all cores imaginable downloaded still none of my ROMs work, LB says launching then back to home screen. I set up RA following ETA's video tutorial.

And you have Sega CD as a associated platform for Retroarch, with the genesis_gx core selected for it?

10 hours ago, TechXero said:

Yes I do. Is it related to bios? I might as well use standalone emulator for everything coz RA not working with anything 

RA works fine with Launchbox as long as you set RA up correctly. It could just be a simple setting missed. Without Launchbox can you run your Sega CD games directly in Retroarch?

14 minutes ago, TechXero said:

Yes I do. Is it related to bios? I might as well use standalone emulator for everything coz RA not working with anything 

If retroarch is not working with anything then you have it setup wrong in Launchbox. It works just fine and in fact most people here recommend it due to having one ui with settings and controls across multiple systems.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If retroarch is not working with anything then you have it setup wrong in Launchbox. It works just fine and in fact most people here recommend it due to having one ui with settings and controls across multiple systems.

How can I be setting it up following ETA video guides? I dunno but standalone emus seem to work better for me. I didn't try RA without LB. Anyway I will have to mess with it more coz it's weird... It may be due to Intel Built in GPU awaiting 1050ti... 

Note : in RA downloaded assets, cores, database everything... 

Edited by TechXero

2 minutes ago, TechXero said:

How can I be setting it up following ETA video guides? I dunno but standalone emus seem to work better for me. I didn't try RA without LB. Anyway I will have to mess with it more coz it's weird... It may be due to Intel Built in GPU awaiting 1050ti... 

First rule of Launchbox is to make sure your roms work in the emulator you want to use before importing them. It helps to narrow down where the issue lies as if they work in the emulator we know its a Launchbox configuration error. At the moment we are just grasping at straws as you have not provided any images or detailed details of how you have things configured other than "it doesnt work". It could be that your roms are simply bad if you havent even tested them in the emulator.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

First rule of Launchbox is to make sure your roms work in the emulator you want to use before importing them. It helps to narrow down where the issue lies as if they work in the emulator we know its a Launchbox configuration error. At the moment we are just grasping at straws as you have not provided any images or detailed details of how you have things configured other than "it doesnt work". It could be that your roms are simply bad if you havent even tested them in the emulator.

I agree only am at work right now can't provide images. ROMs worked in batocera... Another front end I tried. Will provide the necessary tonight after work... I have bios files maybe I placed them in wrong folder. Will check tonight. 

Edited by TechXero

4 minutes ago, TechXero said:

I agree only am at work right now can't provide images. ROMs worked in batocera... Another front end I tried. Will provide the necessary tonight after work... 

Yeah, i wasnt having a dig, but images of how you have the emulator setup and the associated platform tab, as well as the edit window of a game that is not working including the emulator tab there would help greatly to spot any issues. Also as a thought what are you naming your platforms, just the default that Launchbox provides? I ask as if you are using different names like just "SNES" for example then that is the name you will need in the associated platform tab as the platform name and the associated platform name must match exactly, otherwise Launchbox doesnt know which emulator to use for the platform.

Start Retroarch.

Select Load Core and pick the Genesis Plus GX core.

Scroll down to Information in Retroarch and select Core Information

If you scroll down it will should show if the proper BIOS is loaded.

It's likely you don't have them,

These are the files you need: https://docs.libretro.com/library/genesis_plus_gx/

Once you get the ones you need you copy them to your Retroarch/system folder.

Edited by Headrush69

1 hour ago, TechXero said:

Here are my settings I followed thread --> Here

9096Jpi.png

FlXri6E.png

I can't load MAME or Sega CD (ISO Images) either in RA or Standalone Emu I am pulling my hair

Your Arcade (mame) issue is you do not have a core chosen. Like the other platforms listed you need to tell it what core to use for your Arcade platform. Sega CD make sure you have the bios files as was mentioned. 

Ok I closed RA and reloaded it a few times now it says present with a couple still missing like sk n other ones not needed... In process of re-adding Sega ROMs. What about MAME Standalone Emulator why isn't it working ? Does nothing as for RA mame 2016 libretro core it works fine...