LaunchBox Community Forums

emulators not responding

theekinghumpy

2 minutes ago, theekinghumpy said:

Well I created a topic in retroarch forums and someone helped me fix the issue. So the fix was very silly and would have never figured it out. You guys ready for this. It was caused by a corsair keyboard! Not sure how but unplugging it fixed but it did. Thank again to all that helped me try and fix this. 

Oh man, we've run into issues ourselves with LaunchBox and Corsair keyboards too. What the heck. I don't know what Corsair is doing with their crap keyboard software, but I've never seen anything like that before.

Maybe it specific to the corsair k55. I won't pretend I know how it does it. I tried opening and closing retroarch 50 times to make sure and it's smooth as butter. I just called my brother too to see what keyboards we wer using on his and guess what. The one that worked fine was a rosewill and the one that had the issue was the k55 as well. It has to be the issue

It could be firmware, that would be the next logical place to look.

Weird peripheral software is generally the logical cause of issues but since you said you weren't even running it that rules that out immediately.

I picked up the K70 back in April and like I said, I have had no issues with it, especially anything like you are describing.

• 2 years later...

did anyone figure out if a specific firmware helped.... I just ran in to this issue myself I have a corsair keyboard and mouse, no iCue installed and without them plugged in everything works as it should, plugged in they render launchbox and emulators useless (slow loadingg roms may or may not load, if they do load it takes a loooooong time etc)

I kept attempting to update the firmware on mine (k63 paired with a lapboard) and found the next bit of fun...apparently these things are also known for not updating the firmware :D I did some research today and found a few methods to try as well as revisions of firmware for me. If I can get mine updated I'll re-test and see if it makes a difference at all. I'd prefer to keep this keyboard and mouse setup I have as it's perfect for couch gaming FPS games :D