LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME importer - recreate the roms it's chosen in a new folder?

4ppleseed

Hi, I probably didn't explain that well in the subject, so here's a better go:

I have a recent MAME full set and when I import to LB it strips away all the clones and regional versions and leaves me with a nice lean set.

So what I'd like to do is just save the ROMS that the MAME importer selected into a new folder, so I have just them in one place, is that possible?

In LaunchBox, go to your Arcade platform (assuming you didn't call it something else), select all games.  Go to the Tools menu and select  -  Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder...image.thumb.png.f819307376f68e52ceb18438bc2eb93f.png 

Follow the prompts to tell it where to copy the roms to.  As this only copies them and doesn't change anything else, when that's done:

Select all games (again).  Go to the Tools menu and select  -  Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games...

Follow the prompts to tell it where the roms are now located.

The caveat is [I'm pretty sure...] it doesn't copy any necessary bios/device/chd files.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, 4ppleseed said:

Thank you - for some reason I didn't get a notification that anyone had responded to my question (I usually do) - I just randomly checked my old question and here you are with the answer! Really appreciated :D 

As @DOS76 said though this will only work if you have a Non-Merged set, if you have a split or merged set you will be missing files in the new folder and many games will not work.