LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME audio problems... help please

mtcarcus

Hi guys and gals, I am having issues with some games (most notably golden tee fore) having audio shutter. The rest of the game runs fine but the audio has a weird echo. I have tried searching the forums for an answer but am having no luck. I have tried turning triple buffering off as well as tinkering with every audio option in mame to try and solve it with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

There are a couple topics on other forums about Golden Tee Fore games and audio stutters. If you Google you should find some about Golden Tee Fore 2006 easily, You can apply the recommendations to the other games as well. Some options recommend running a lower resolution of the game depending on your hardware and another I saw recommended some audio setting tweaks.

Google "Golden Tee Fore audio stutter" and the first few posts it locates has some options to try.  

5 minutes ago, mtcarcus said:

Lordmonkus you were right. Chugging along at 54% ? guess I need a better computer. Thanks guys.

It could also be that that game isnt fully emulated yet, there are a few games that run, but not at full speed, even on high end hardware.