LaunchBox Community Forums

Start LaunchBox in List View?

epmode

Is it possible to start LaunchBox in List View? No matter what I try, LaunchBox always opens in Images View. I can switch to List View once the program opens but I'd like LaunchBox to remember what I was using when I close it.

I've tried editing Settings.xml manually but the <ListView>true</ListView> line always reverts to <ListView>false</ListView> when I reopen LaunchBox. If I try to set Settings.xml to Read-Only, LaunchBox won't open at all.

Aside from this one thing, all other changes I've been making to LaunchBox persist when it's reopened.

4 minutes ago, epmode said:

Is it possible to start LaunchBox in List View? No matter what I try, LaunchBox always opens in Images View. I can switch to List View once the program opens but I'd like LaunchBox to remember what I was using when I close it.

I've tried editing Settings.xml manually but the <ListView>true</ListView> line always reverts to <ListView>false</ListView> when I reopen LaunchBox. If I try to set Settings.xml to Read-Only, LaunchBox won't open at all.

Aside from this one thing, all other changes I've been making to LaunchBox persist when it's reopened.

I just tested here by using the "View" dropdown to switch to list view then quit and re-started Launchbox and that view stuck.

1412596697_Screenshot(245).thumb.png.821296f391bfb81e651f43235f4e4575.png

1 minute ago, epmode said:

Hm... Something is overwriting the setting then. I'm new to LaunchBox so I'm not sure how to correct an issue like this.

What version of Launchbox are you on? what theme are you using, default? do you have premium or the free version?

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

What version of Launchbox are you on? what theme are you using, default? do you have premium or the free version?

I'm using the free version of LaunchBox v 9.9. Default theme.

Maybe I need to reinstall or recreate some config files. I can see that ListView is properly set to true in Settings.xml but it goes back to false when I relaunch the program.

Edited by epmode
Forgot stuff!

1 minute ago, epmode said:

I'm using the free version of LaunchBox v 9.9. Default theme.

Maybe I need to reinstall or recreate some config files.

Close Launchbox, go to your Launchbox/Data folder and move  the settings.xml out to the desktop for a minute. Start Launchbox it will recreate that file with default settings and see if it sticks, you can just copy it back in after.

27 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Close Launchbox, go to your Launchbox/Data folder and move  the settings.xml out to the desktop for a minute. Start Launchbox it will recreate that file with default settings and see if it sticks, you can just copy it back in after.

My view settings were set back to defaults, of course, and changes made to Image View were still saved, but the program simply didn't remember that I was last in List View. Tried rebooting, just in case.

So I completely uninstalled LaunchBox, deleted *everything* in the LaunchBox folder, rebooted, and reinstalled with all of the default settings and directories.

Even before importing any games, I tried switching to List View, closed and reopened LaunchBox. It was back to Image View. Nothing changed once I imported some games.

Is it possible that defaulting to List View is something that's only available in the paid version?

Wow, I didn't know this was an issue, to be honest, but it makes sense. Originally, before the .Next implementation, the list view was not available to free users. It was an oversight that it was made available to free users after the .Next version came out (which is why it's reverting back to the boxes view on restart). I'll fix it so that it saves that setting for free users. No sense in taking it away now lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1