LaunchBox Community Forums

Quick exit Pinball FX3 still doesnt work.

SpuRge

I tried everything I found on the forum but nothing works.

When I press Esc PFX3 goes into pause menu.

I use a legit version of PFX3 with Steam.

I can load single tables with cabinet mode.

I only use my keyboard for now just to setup my arcade cabinet.

In LB my Emulator Application Path is set to Steam.exe, setting it to Pinball FX3.exe a window opens "Allow game launch?"

In "Running AutoHotKey" I typed:

$Esc::

{

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

}

I've set AutoHotKey.exe to run as administrator

Nothing works for me, Can anyone help me please?

Edited by SpuRge

It should work fine with an AHK. I have no issues closing it. You can probably try changing the AHK to below. Alt+F4 closes Pinball FX3.exe correctly. Escape when in Pinball FX3 usually takes you to the menu which is what you are seeing.   

ESC::
 Send !{f4}

Still no Luck.

The computer I use has got a fresh install of Win 10 and is up to date.

I installed LB, a few emulators and Pinball FX3.

Just to be sure, there is nothing else needed to make AHK work?

That script needs to be placed in "Running AutoHotKey Script"?

3 minutes ago, SpuRge said:

Yes, but that is mame, RetroArch and Demul, 

They don't need AHK to exit

I understand that, just confirming to make sure it is not something else hindering exiting of any kind. 

Run a Pinball game and hit Alt+F4 and see if it exits properly. No AHK or anything just hit Alt+F4. 

If you run Pinball FX3.exe without Steam that would be the key combo that would exit it. 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I understand that, just confirming to make sure it is not something else hindering exiting of any kind. 

Run a Pinball game and hit Alt+F4 and see if it exits properly. No AHK or anything just hit Alt+F4. 

If you run Pinball FX3.exe without Steam that would be the key combo that would exit it. 

Yes that works fine

I am not sure then. Honestly I never looked to see if AHK runs in the background. I have not had any issues with any emulator or exe for that matter not working with an AHK script assigned. I really do not use Steam anymore. I do know many users and mods do and have not seen any reported issues with AHK and something launched through Steam. I am not home to set-up Steam back up with Pinball FX3 to test. It did work when I last had it up a year ago. 

20 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I am not sure then. Honestly I never looked to see if AHK runs in the background. I have not had any issues with any emulator or exe for that matter not working with an AHK script assigned. I really do not use Steam anymore. I do know many users and mods do and have not seen any reported issues with AHK and something launched through Steam. I am not home to set-up Steam back up with Pinball FX3 to test. It did work when I last had it up a year ago. 

Ok, thanks.

One more question, if you open the AutoHotKey.exe in your Launchbox Folder, should AHK start?

I get the Message:

Script file not found:

C:\Users\MyComputer\Documents\AutoHotKey.ahk

Is that normal?

Edited by SpuRge

Ok it is solved.

I reinstalled PFX3 and changed the "Emulator Application Path" again to "Pinball FX3.exe" instead of "steam.exe".

It works perfect, and for some reason I don't get the extra window "Allow game Launch?" anymore.

Strange, I tried that before.

Anyway, Thanks for the help guys!!!!

27 minutes ago, SpuRge said:

Ok it is solved.

I reinstalled PFX3 and changed the "Emulator Application Path" again to "Pinball FX3.exe" instead of "steam.exe".

It works perfect, and for some reason I don't get the extra window "Allow game Launch?" anymore.

Strange, I tried that before.

Anyway, Thanks for the help guys!!!!

Cool. Not sure why I did not mention try the Pinball exe directly. That is what I use. Glad you are sorted. 

• 2 years later...
On 7/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, Retro808 said:

It should work fine with an AHK. I have no issues closing it. You can probably try changing the AHK to below. Alt+F4 closes Pinball FX3.exe correctly. Escape when in Pinball FX3 usually takes you to the menu which is what you are seeing.   

ESC::
 Send !{f4}

muito obrigado. Funcionou pra mim!!!!!