LaunchBox Community Forums

Leaving games via USB Joysticks and buttons

Drizzem

Hello, 

I am making a summer project with my kids and I am stumped. I set up a Full size arcade. Most everything is wired and working fine. I can use the USB joystick and buttons to move around Big Box and select the games. The buttons all work on the games just fine, even the Coin/1p/2p buttons are fine. But I cannot find out how to Exit the games once I am in one except for using the ESC button on a Keyboard. I want to only have to use the USB joystick for this. How to I set up a button to allow me to exit active games? Any help would be great. I have 10 buttons for both 1st and 2nd players.

19 minutes ago, Drizzem said:

Hello, 

I am making a summer project with my kids and I am stumped. I set up a Full size arcade. Most everything is wired and working fine. I can use the USB joystick and buttons to move around Big Box and select the games. The buttons all work on the games just fine, even the Coin/1p/2p buttons are fine. But I cannot find out how to Exit the games once I am in one except for using the ESC button on a Keyboard. I want to only have to use the USB joystick for this. How to I set up a button to allow me to exit active games? Any help would be great. I have 10 buttons for both 1st and 2nd players.

In both Launchbox and BigBox there is a controller automation setting. You set the button you want to "hold" (the hotkey) and then set the button you want to "exit" (the action key) in either of these settings. 

In the Launchbox image below you set the "Hold this button" and the "Close the active window" options. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.42.03 AM.png

22 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

LOL, that's hilarious, I would have figured you would have at least stumbled on to it or seen it asked about on the forums by this point. It's not a new feature at all.

Well I have actually seen it mentioned a few times but yeah, guess you don't know what you don't know lol.  But now hmmmm, might have to take a closer look.  I do like the volume controls, that's interesting.  Is that windows volume?

Yes, the hotkeys change the volume for windows. It's like having a Function button on the Arcade. I have 10 Buttons per side so this works great. Since half the games start at differant volumes, being able to change the volume without having to leave is a huge bonus.

Edited by Drizzem

14 hours ago, Drizzem said:

Yes, the hotkeys change the volume for windows. It's like having a Function button on the Arcade. I have 10 Buttons per side so this works great. Since half the games start at differant volumes, being able to change the volume without having to leave is a huge bonus.

exactly!... damn.  I might just use it because of that alone.