LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Fade

Retro808

Big Fade

View File

Big Fade draws inspiration from @Grila BigForce BigBox theme. Pause theme shows a fanart background that fades away at the bottom to allow clear view of scrolling game notes and a game play image. Pause Menu is contained in a gradient transparent list box. Theme was tested on a 4:3 screen images provided to show how it looks on a 4:3.

Image Priorities:

Recommend in your Launchbox Image Priorities for Background moving clear logos further down the list of not using at all. This theme will resize and crop clear logos since the theme was designed for fanart primarily.

Installation (Requires Launchbox 9.8 or higher)

Available directly in the BigBox Pause theme manager.

or

Download from the forum and:

1. Download zip file. (You may need to right click the zip file and choose "unblock"

2. Extract zip in your \Launchbox\PauseThemes folder (fonts do not need to be installed)

Big Fade Start can be located here. It is a startup theme to compliment the Big Fade pause menu. 

• Like 4
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 years later...

Hi @Retro808,

Thanks for this theme.

I have modified it a little. I move the screenshot to the left, but the image is smaller than before.

See on the capture.

How can I increase a little the size ?

I have modified this the grid colum and row :

<Image Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="2" Source="{Binding SelectedGame.ScreenshotImagePath}" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Panel.ZIndex="5" >
                <Image.Effect>
                    <DropShadowEffect ShadowDepth="0" BlurRadius="30" Color="#00ff00"/>
                </Image.Effect>
            </Image>    

Thanks for your help.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-27 112458.jpg

@gaialily You will need to span the image across the columns. Try adding  Grid.ColumnSpan="2" to the images line of code. The canvas is laid out in a grid of rows and columns of certain heights and widths. Right now you are confining the image to column 1 which is only as wide as you see the image. Spanning it across 2 columns will allow it to be as wide as you see the games notes are.

If you want to be able to precisely see the rows and columns you can add ShowGridLines="True" to the main grid and when the Pause appears grid lines will show. This way you can see how to adjust. when done just delete it or set it to False. (See below how I and where to add it.

<!-- VIEW START -->
<Canvas Name="Canvas">
    <Grid Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" ShowGridLines="True">