LaunchBox Community Forums

Enable spinning disc

misteridjit

1 hour ago, misteridjit said:

I noticed that if I load a Playstation game, the image will spin (hilarious when it's box art). How do I enable that feature on other platforms?

If you are talking about during the Startup screen that would be theme dependent (Same is usually the case with BigBox themes). What theme are you using?

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, klepp0906 said:

lol just found this ala google.   (so resourceful am I looking for solutions :P) 

I'm using the default theme and like the OP - my PSX spins just fine.   I load something else like wii U, it does not.   

Because it needs a specific xaml to know to spin it, go to the theme folder and copy paste the PSX one and rename it to match your wii u system name.

image.thumb.png.130fb96420db72f4527f969b6ed70974.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Heya @neil9000,

So I have a similar issue, but within BB and as part of the theme, not the startup. I can see the discs spinning on playstation (before starting up), as part of the theme, but it doesnt do it for some of the other platforms, such as dreamcast. 

Any ideas?

I am using the Unified theme

38 minutes ago, 7ank0v1c said:

Heya @neil9000,

So I have a similar issue, but within BB and as part of the theme, not the startup. I can see the discs spinning on playstation (before starting up), as part of the theme, but it doesnt do it for some of the other platforms, such as dreamcast. 

Any ideas?

I am using the Unified theme

For that theme there are two views that are basically the same, the only difference being the spinning disc. So it sounds like you have "use different views for different platforms" turned on in the options and that, you dont have the correct view chosen for those other platforms.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

For that theme there are two views that are basically the same, the only difference being the spinning disc. So it sounds like you have "use different views for different platforms" turned on in the options and that, you dont have the correct view chosen for those other platforms.

Ah brilliant, using this and a little bit of exploration i found it in the themes section. Had to apply it to a specific platform like you said. Thanks so much.

• Like 1