LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.25 Released

Jason Carr

I have tried either the one from Playstore (normal or 64 bit) and the one (32 bit) directly download from the website  but it could not be succeed. I am using Android 9.0 with my mobile (black shark). I have tried some simple roms such as NES/FDS, or MAME or PCE (SUPERGRAPIX), when I load the roms but it are in black screen. Before I loaded the roms, I have already download the cores and tried.

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

7 hours ago, luckyhippo said:

I have tried either the one from Playstore (normal or 64 bit) and the one (32 bit) directly download from the website  but it could not be succeed. I am using Android 9.0 with my mobile (black shark). I have tried some simple roms such as NES/FDS, or MAME or PCE (SUPERGRAPIX), when I load the roms but it are in black screen. Before I loaded the roms, I have already download the cores and tried.

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

Okay, first off, make sure you've started up Retroarch outside of LaunchBox at least once beforehand, as it has to download a bunch of resources (or just use the "Open Retroarch" item from the emulator configuration in LaunchBox). Beyond that, make sure you've downloaded the relevant cores. Have you downloaded the necessary cores?

1 hour ago, luckyhippo said:

It is ok if I used out launchbox. I have downloaded the cores.

Hmm, make sure you're using the correct version of Retroarch from the list I guess. We've tested launching Retroarch from LaunchBox on hundreds devices now, so I know it works for those platforms. If it works outside of LaunchBox but not when launching from LaunchBox, I can't think of any other potential issues currently other than maybe LaunchBox is launching a different version of Retroarch than the one you're testing with. It might help to remove all versions of Retroarch except for one.

2 hours ago, luckyhippo said:

Thanks for suggestion.

I  am using the same set of name for those platform which I used in Window version. Any standard name for those platforms?

The platforms will need to identify properly with known platform names. If you name them the same as they are listed on the games database website, that should be safe.