LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.25 Released

Jason Carr

20 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Not if you transfer the whole set over to your Android device. It won't work for picking and choosing games though.

So in a later version of the Android exporter, you can choose your games, but not if you have a merged set.

With that in mind, could it be possible to import a non-merged or split set in Launchbox under a different name and when exporting, choose that one instead ?

And eventually when the ability comes available to choose your game, then choose the differently named "non-merged or split set" while exporting and choose the games you like ?

One other possibility would be to have 2 installations of the Launchbox PC version.

One with the merged set and an other with the non-merged/split set in it.

But I'm guessing this is not possible.

Update: So I've read that is indeed possible to have multiple Launchbox installations on the forum.

I think I'm going to try it.

Edited by Soxbrother

11 hours ago, Soxbrother said:

So in a later version of the Android exporter, you can choose your games, but not if you have a merged set.

With that in mind, could it be possible to import a non-merged or split set in Launchbox under a different name and when exporting, choose that one instead ?

And eventually when the ability comes available to choose your game, then choose the differently named "non-merged or split set" while exporting and choose the games you like ?

One other possibility would be to have 2 installations of the Launchbox PC version.

One with the merged set and an other with the non-merged/split set in it.

But I'm guessing this is not possible.

Update: So I've read that is indeed possible to have multiple Launchbox installations on the forum.

I think I'm going to try it.

Yeah, it's super easy to have more than one instance of LaunchBox with separate collections, so that is what I would recommend. We probably won't add a whole new set of features for multiple MAME collections, because that's mostly useless sans for the Android export process. Also, I expect that Android will soon do a better job supporting modern/recent versions of MAME. Retroarch already has a recent MAME core, but only in the 32-bit sideloaded version.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, it's super easy to have more than one instance of LaunchBox with separate collections, so that is what I would recommend. We probably won't add a whole new set of features for multiple MAME collections, because that's mostly useless sans for the Android export process. Also, I expect that Android will soon do a better job supporting modern/recent versions of MAME. Retroarch already has a recent MAME core, but only in the 32-bit sideloaded version.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

I guess I can convert my merged set to a non-merged set with clrmamepro, so that I don't have to get a whole new set.

Hi Jason,

I've finally converted my Merged 0.214 set to a Non-Merged set.

I've installed a separate Launchbox, I've called the folder Launchbox Android :)

I selected a random game and tried the Android Export.

I've choosen to export the selected game only, so far so good.

But then it still started copying all the games to my Launchbox Export folder.

So this "selected games export" option,

isn't fully functional yet then I assume ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Soxbrother

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Exporting selected games works perfectly fine, but it's still copies all MAME files if you try and export MAME. I haven't built the option to disable that in yet.

So you are saying, that all the games are copied over first to the Export folder and then the selected game(s) is/are picked from that folder and set aside for exporting to your Android ?

3 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

So you are saying, that all the games are copied over first to the Export folder and then the selected game(s) is/are picked from that folder and set aside for exporting to your Android ?

No. There is different functionality specifically for MAME, since MAME requires other files from the set. Currently, you can't export only a small set of MAME games. It exports all files in the MAME games folder. You could always just remove the ones you don't need though.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:52 PM, Jason Carr said:

No. There is different functionality specifically for MAME, since MAME requires other files from the set. Currently, you can't export only a small set of MAME games. It exports all files in the MAME games folder. You could always just remove the ones you don't need though.

Ah ok, I see. So this feature is maybe coming somewhere down the line then ?

I'm relatively new to Launchbox, but I thought you could make custom platforms as well.

So that got me thinking, maybe you could create a second Mame platform under a different name with only the games you want and then you can export that ?

Or isn't that possible ?

Edit : I've installed a 3rd Launchbox and isntead of using the import Full mame set option, I've just imported the roms, which I first copied into a separate folder.

Edited by Soxbrother

On 9/26/2019 at 2:06 AM, Jason Carr said:

• Use the sideloaded version of 32-bit MAME that is available from the Retroarch main download section (download and manually install the 32-bit APK)
  • Use the mame_libretro_android.so core

In the app , in the core download section do I choose Mame 2000, Mame 2003 or Mame 2003 plus ?

Which of the 3 is the mame_libretro_android.so core ?

or is it the one in here ? http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Soxbrother

Just wanted to note that I have never used launchbox on my laptop but purely installed every everything to export to android devices.

Currently everything is almost running nicely except for for issues trying to get the Mame Neogeo working on my phone as it works on my nvidia shield. 

There does seem to be an issue where you cannot tell a platform to disable extract. If flips when you click it but when you view again it's enabled again. Auto disabled for Mame and arcade though. 

Feature requests that I would love to see.

Would love the ability to see the platform images rather than the text. 

Possibility of using bezels easily. 

Maybe some functionality to add command parameters. The reason I ask is that I have recently discovered 3d shaders for enabled tvs projectors and the game play is fantastic. 

Maybe support for the music and video. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chunk1970 said:

Just wanted to note that I have never used launchbox on my laptop but purely installed every everything to export to android devices.

Currently everything is almost running nicely except for for issues trying to get the Mame Neogeo working on my phone as it works on my nvidia shield. 

There does seem to be an issue where you cannot tell a platform to disable extract. If flips when you click it but when you view again it's enabled again. Auto disabled for Mame and arcade though. 

Feature requests that I would love to see.

Would love the ability to see the platform images rather than the text. 

Possibility of using bezels easily. 

Maybe some functionality to add command parameters. The reason I ask is that I have recently discovered 3d shaders for enabled tvs projectors and the game play is fantastic. 

Maybe support for the music and video. 

Thanks Chunk. I'll look into that extract issue. All those feature requests are planned sans for bezels; I'm not even sure if that would be possible on Android, but I really doubt it.

Android - Wi-Fi. ... Application can access almost all the information of a wifi connection. The information that an application can access includes connected network's link speed,IP address, negotiation state, other networks information. Applications can also scan, add, save, terminate and initiate Wi-Fi connections.

Edited by MARKRONSON

23 hours ago, MARKRONSON said:

Android - Wi-Fi. ... Application can access almost all the information of a wifi connection. The information that an application can access includes connected network's link speed,IP address, negotiation state, other networks information. Applications can also scan, add, save, terminate and initiate Wi-Fi connections.

I'm lost here. What are you trying to ask or say?

On 10/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, luckyhippo said:

I have a little bit upset because I cannot successfully run the game in my Android with retroarch. My system is Android 9, can anyone help me to solved it? Thanks for help in advance.

@luckyhippo Sorry to hear. We can work through it. What platform of games are you launching with Retroarch? What is happening when you try and launch the games? What version of Retroarch are you using? Is it from the Play Store?