LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller not working with big box after 10.3

zombiejunkie

They are resetting to whatever  they were before I changed them immediately after I press back. Somehow I have select and change view both on button one but they will not save any changes I make 

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you explain? Are they reset back to defaults after you restart Big Box? What do you mean by not saving? Do they work in LaunchBox?

2 minutes ago, Nickkt said:

They are resetting to whatever  they were before I changed them immediately after I press back. Somehow I have select and change view both on button one but they will not save any changes I make 

Ah, so a multi-binding is probably causing issues. You can try resetting it by deleting the LaunchBox\Data\InputBindings.xml file. That should reset it to what it was before the update. If that doesn't work, you can actually modify that file in a text editor if you need to.

11 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, so a multi-binding is probably causing issues. You can try resetting it by deleting the LaunchBox\Data\InputBindings.xml file. That should reset it to what it was before the update. If that doesn't work, you can actually modify that file in a text editor if you need to.

Can confirm this works, my controller was not being recognised at all even in the mapping window in the options. Using DS4Windows, deleting the inputbindings and launching Lauchbox and the controller is working perfectly again. Thanks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WillyT said:

My 360 controller also doesn't work for the BigBox or the Launchbox stage - works as it did before in all of the games - just can't navigate the front-end. Any solutions so far?

Hi Willy, just responded over here:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/51925-controller-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-329085

1 minute ago, brazerty said:

hello, my controller woks in launchbox but when i start a game fro bigbox it's stop to work, any idea?

Can you explain exactly what's happening? I'm not following. You're saying the controller isn't working in Big Box after launching a game? Are you on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Can you explain exactly what's happening? I'm not following. You're saying the controller isn't working in Big Box after launching a game? Are you on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

i use win 10, my controller works for navigation in bigbox but when i start a game (for exemple on retroarch) i can't do anything (but it's woks with launchbox) , before the last launchbox update everything was fine.

1 minute ago, brazerty said:

i use win 10, my controller works for navigation in bigbox but when i start a game (for exemple on retroarch) i can't do anything (but it's woks with launchbox) , before the last launchbox update everything was fine.

So you're saying that your controller isn't working in Retroarch. What controller are you using? Can you try starting Retroarch without LaunchBox or Big Box loaded to see if it's actually LaunchBox affecting it?

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

So you're saying that your controller isn't working in Retroarch. What controller are you using? Can you try starting Retroarch without LaunchBox or Big Box loaded to see if it's actually LaunchBox affecting it?

my controller is an arcade one with no delay usb card, in retroarch (without bigbox) it's work perfectly.