LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems with Neo Geo Scraping. How Can I fix it?

clank10

Hi! I'm doing everything like ETA prime guides but my Neo Geo scraping is not good. I already tried scraping as SNK Neo Geo AES, MVS and Arcade.

Lots of missing box arts, but the games are recognized perfectly.

I believe my romset is good. Where can I see which rom names LB uses for Neo Geo AES?

Thanks

5 hours ago, clank10 said:

I tried with wikipedia, emumovies, still the same.

Manually I can correct them so I can't understand whats the problem.

Big Box is the same thing?

You should scrape that platform as Arcade to get the best coverage. Which specific image types are you missing? Could it be that you do not have "Advertisement Flyer - Front" as a option in your image priority settings? Obviously being a Arcade system there were no "Boxes" for them, so flyers are used in most cases.

14 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You should scrape that platform as Arcade to get the best coverage. Which specific image types are you missing? Could it be that you do not have "Advertisement Flyer - Front" as a option in your image priority settings? Obviously being a Arcade system there were no "Boxes" for them, so flyers are used in most cases.

I actually happen to be adding Neo Geo games as well (I had a bunch already, but they kind of got split between "Arcade" and "Neo Geo". Now I'm trying to import the full set to "SNK Neo Geo MVS", and while I have that Platform set to scraping the roms as "Arcade", they default to SNK Neo Geo MVS anyway. If I search the meta data for each individual game, it will pick the Arcade version (or allow me to), but then I'd have to do that for 170+ games. I'm not sure how to get it to scrape as Arcade automatically (like I said, it's set to Arcade as the default in the Platforms editor, but it's not using that). Should I scrape it as Arcade first, then sort by date added, and just select all the new ones & edit the platform to "SNK Neo Geo MVS"? If I download images & videos under the Arcade category, and then edit the platform, does it move the images & videos to the proper folders?

I'm also debating on how to make another platform/playlist with all of the AES games listed, and then set it to use Final Burn Alpha within RetroArch, and have it load the AES version by default. Is there a way I can do that without having to reimport the entire romset (which I know how to do that), but also have it point to the SNK Neo Geo MVS images & videos folders so that I don't have to have 2 copies of those?

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are you sure they havent, have you looked in the relevant folder to see whats there?

image.thumb.png.26cc453bb6413d104fdeea0561bcfd6c.png

It looks like myself & clank10 are having a similar issue where it only scrapes as Arcade when done manually, so here's a screen shot of how I have my Platform set up, and as you can see, it says, "For SNK Neo Geo MVS" under the title. If I search for the metadate manually, that changes to Arcade.

SNK.png

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are you sure they havent, have you looked in the relevant folder to see whats there?

image.thumb.png.26cc453bb6413d104fdeea0561bcfd6c.png

Later I will look how´s my folder but when I chose Box 3d visualization there were a lot missing in both scraping choices I tested. (Neo Geo and Arcade)

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same exact problem.

Import Roms , Select SNK Neo Geo MVS, scrape as Arcade, not even 1 Box is shown...

As for this date, scraping SNK Neo Geo MVS it downloads all the metadata and:

Boxes (doesn't download any of the 140 SNK Neo Geo romset)

3D boxes (correct showing),

Carts (these are being shown as Flyers) ,

3D carts (these too, are shown as flyers),

Screenshots (correct showing),

Clear logos (they show fine),

Backgrounds (30% fine),

Steam banners (obviously there are none).

So my question, is it possible to have a platform having shown just a determined type of images?

7 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

I'm having the same exact problem.

Import Roms , Select SNK Neo Geo MVS, scrape as Arcade, not even 1 Box is shown...

As for this date, scraping SNK Neo Geo MVS it downloads all the metadata and:

Boxes (doesn't download any of the 140 SNK Neo Geo romset)

3D boxes (correct showing),

Carts (these are being shown as Flyers) ,

3D carts (these too, are shown as flyers),

Screenshots (correct showing),

Clear logos (they show fine),

Backgrounds (30% fine),

Steam banners (obviously there are none).

So my question, is it possible to have a platform having shown just a determined type of images?

In Launchbox you can set a specific view. At the top where the menu items are click on "Image Group" and select from one of the options.

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

In Launchbox you can set a specific view. At the top where the menu items are click on "Image Group" and select from one of the options.

I saw that right now too.. I didn't try to change it before because i thought it would apply to all platforms. The way the option is, at least I thought this option would apply to all platforms.

I suggest this option could be added inside the "Edit Platform". This way we could be sure that option is applied only to the Platform.

Just now, Sanctus said:

I saw that right now too.. I didn't try to change it before because i thought it would apply to all platforms. The way the option is, at least I thought this option would apply to all platforms.

I suggest this option could be added inside the "Edit Platform". This way we could be sure that option is applied only to the Platform.

It is per platform.