LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderation question - fruit machines

bbk70

(sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here!)

I've recently been doing some moderation, as I felt I should add rather than just take, and if I'm going to add to the db, I should be prepared to help out.  Some of the recent moderations I'm seeing are to delete fruit machines, as people are (understandably) suggesting they shouldn't be in the db as they're not "games" per se.  My view is if they are emulated in MAME (as an example), they should probably be in the database, but I don't want to reject deletions if this is against policy.  Can anyone point me to any guidance on this, or is there somewhere I should go to learn?

My personal opinion is that it wouldn't hurt them to have them on the database. I don't have them and I don't use them but there might be people looking them up or launching them through Launchbox. I saw the deletion requests last night too and I just skipped them cos I couldn't decide me being a new mod as well.

What's the policy on angled front cart images? Do we reject them and request ones taken straight from the front or just accept them? Also, what about the front cart pics that are too dark because lighting wasn't proper? Do we have any standards?

• 2 weeks later...