LaunchBox Community Forums

"Missing Boxart" general image?

Imgema

Is there a way to have one single image to represent every missing box art?

This is a feature in Hyperspin, you can have one "no video" file in the correct folder and it will play in every game that has a missing video.

The way it is now, you get an empty space with the Launchbox logo in it. I would like the option to use a different (custom) image that doesn't stand out as much. Because let's face it, some systems will have missing boxes no matter what. So instead of making the game lists look unfinished, a nice image that looks like a box but represents missing boxes would be better IMO.

Thanks, i tried this but it doesn't work. Missing boxes still have the old icon.

Is it maybe because i still use version 8.3 of launchbox?

Edit: Ok, it's because i'm using an older version. I'll take it that there is no way to do this in 8.3?

Edited by Imgema

20 minutes ago, Imgema said:

Thanks, i tried this but it doesn't work. Missing boxes still have the old icon.

Is it maybe because i still use version 8.3 of launchbox?

Edit: Ok, it's because i'm using an older version. I'll take it that there is no way to do this in 8.3?

It's clearly stated on the download page which version or above is required, its simply not available on the version you have as it hadn't been implemented into the program at that point, hence the red text on the download page.

image.thumb.png.8fab884c12a3f18db3f4b6360adf1914.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 4:57 PM, scooter1974 said:

What is stopping you from upgrading?

Performance is worse in the newer versions compared to 8.3

While the small loading time when selecting a game or system is shorter, the browsing itself is much slower and laggier and if you have a lot of images, they tend to re-appear while you browse, almost as if they weren't cached.

In 8.3, once the images are cached (my cache folder is in a RAMDisk), they are rock solid and always visible, even when you are fast browsing using the scroll bar. Scrolling is also much faster and doesn't lag when i'm using the scroll bar to quickly go from the top games in the list to the last ones, even if i have 10k games in said list. Newer versions struggle a lot with the scroll bar when you have a lot of games.

My system is a i5 4670, 16GB RAM, SSD, etc, it's not the system that is slow. It's the new interface.