LaunchBox Community Forums

How do you move games to a sub-category?

Michael Capone

I am running LaunchBox Premium.  I created a new platform for Sega Master System.  I used the wizard to import all of my ROMs for this system.  Everything went well.  However, I noticed my collection is a mix of North America, European, and Brazilian ROMs.  I decided to right-click on the 'Sega Master System' platform and chose Add --> New Category.  I created three categories under Sega Master System: North America, Europe, and Brazil.  So far everything is set up how I like.  When you click on the Sega Master System platform you see all of the games.  When you click on any of the three categories (North America, Europe, or Brazil) it shows that no games are listed.

My question: How do I move certain games from the Sega Master System platform to one of the three sub categories under it?  I basically want no games listed when I click the Sega Master System platform and have all the games for it listed under one of the three sub categories I created (so if you want to play a European Sega Master System game, you have to click on 'Europe').  I tried dragging and dropping them, but that did not work.  I don't care if I have to do it game by game (but a way to mass update them would be ideal).  I just can't find a way to do it.  Could anyone please give me some tips or advice?  Thanks!

If you right click a game you will see which category it is in, if there it says Europe, Brazil or whatever, it will put it in that category if it is existing. If not it could mean that you will have to edit every single game. Or chose all the games for one category, EU f.ex and batch/multiple edit them.

You could always auto generate playlists, but that doesn’t give you country based categories. 

Thanks DeadVoivod.  I hate to bother you again, but I cannot find that option when I right-click the game.  Here are some screenshots of what I am seeing when I right-click the game, and also one of when I go in to the edit screen.  Which option under these menus are the one you are referring to?  Thanks again, I appreciate it.

example.png

example2.png

Ok, sorry but I’m not home at the moment so I cannot see for myself. In your case, you see when you edit the game, that under GENRE it says platform, that’s the category it takes when you auto generate. I don’t know if you can sort your games per region? But if you would add a region to GENRE, then it could work. 

Edited by DeadVoivod
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Capone said:

Thanks DeadVoivod.  I hate to bother you again, but I cannot find that option when I right-click the game.  Here are some screenshots of what I am seeing when I right-click the game, and also one of when I go in to the edit screen.  Which option under these menus are the one you are referring to?  Thanks again, I appreciate it.

example.png

example2.png

Audit the platform from Tools/Audit master system, sort the list by region, highlite all the games in the region you want to move, right click and choose edit, this will open the bulk edit wizard. Choose platform from the dropdown,then the platform to move to in the second dropdown that appears, finish out the wizard.

927773287_Screenshot(153).thumb.png.9afe83a3b8b391da420410dc19f8a404.png

On 11/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, Michael Capone said:

I decided to right-click on the 'Sega Master System' platform and chose Add --> New Category.  I created three categories under Sega Master System: North America, Europe, and Brazil.  

Just to clarify...you said you created new “Category” per your first posts. Games cannot be imported into a “Category”. They can only be imported into “Platform”. This may be why they are not showing. 

• 3 years later...