LaunchBox Community Forums

Black Friday Deal?

Cristagally

2 hours ago, Aros Kisne said:

Just a heads up. You can't buy a normal license today and then upgrade to a forever license as well. Even though NOWHERE (as far as the mobile version goes) does it say you won't be able to do this. Anyone with half a brain would go, oh, normal license for $10, upgrade to forever $20 but a flat out forever license is $40? Guess I'll just buy the other two today since it doesn't say I can't. Kind of annoyed and disappointed

But also any developer with half a brain would not give buyers a way to circumvent the discounts he has at least offered to get it even cheaper considering the fact he does not have to offer any kind of Black Friday deals at all.  

Yeah a lot of people make basic mistakes like this when they put out deals for the day. Like, it takes a few extra seconds to add an asterisk saying hey, you can't do this. It's really not that hard.

Also it's really not circumventing the sales because it's not my fault they didn't think it through and let's be real, there are THREE WHOLE OPTIONS right on the same page one after another. It's not like other people who have pages and pages of items to go through where you have to put work in to "scam" or "circumvent" the sellers of a product. Hence why it really should be stated that you can't combine the 1 year license and the forever upgrade.

Edited by Aros Kisne

7 minutes ago, Aros Kisne said:

Yeah a lot of people make basic mistakes like this when they put out deals for the day. Like, it takes a few extra seconds to add an asterisk saying hey, you can't do this. It's really not that hard.

Also it's really not circumventing the sales because it's not my fault they didn't think it through and let's be real, there are THREE WHOLE OPTIONS right on the same page one after another. It's not like other people who have pages and pages of items to go through where you have to put work in to "scam" or "circumvent" the sellers of a product. Hence why it really should be stated that you can't combine the 1 year license and the forever upgrade.

Well now you know. 

In reply to Dos: I mean yeah I know after spending money. If it had been up front and clear then

1. I would have just bought the forever license straight up.

2. Wouldn't have even bothered posting in the first place.

I don't see how I'm the bad guy, and I'm not saying they're the bad guy either, for pointing out a flawed system that lacked on information. I mean I'm sure I could get a refund and then just buy the forever but even then at that rate, I can just wait until tomorrow and pay the full $30 anyways, which again, wouldn't have bothered if it was clear ?‍♂️

Edited by Aros Kisne

In addition, I only posted so that other people who may have noticed this discrepancy wouldn't bother trying and get upset or annoyed and want a full refund and spend no money at all because I'm sure there are other people who would do that. I mean , in this entire time they could have updated the page as well to reflect it but I mean it is only 1 day so I guess why bother which is fair. Hopefully next year they'll remember to add that little bit of extra info :D

24 minutes ago, Aros Kisne said:

In addition, I only posted so that other people who may have noticed this discrepancy wouldn't bother trying and get upset or annoyed and want a full refund and spend no money at all because I'm sure there are other people who would do that. I mean , in this entire time they could have updated the page as well to reflect it but I mean it is only 1 day so I guess why bother which is fair. Hopefully next year they'll remember to add that little bit of extra info :D

The thing is though you really did not only post to help inform other people. You took a passive-agressive path to inform and then state your displeasure you were not able to get what you thought you could do. Your first couple of sentences left at that would have been perfect if you were really only posting to inform others. But you had to throw in the all caps NOWEHERE, sneak in the "anyone with half a brain" comment, and then end it with "kind of annoyed and disappointed". That's pretty clear there was more intent than to help inform.

Anyone coming in to the thread now knows what cannot be done.  I think we can probably put this beat horse to rest. 

This is just the way he does it- I knew this last year.  Buy the 1-year, then get the forever license the following year.

FYI I tried to post about this deal in Reddit's /r/emulation this morning but as of this evening the post still wasn't approved (or deleted). Just ended up deleting it myself as there are only a few hours left anyway.

27 minutes ago, Qun Mang said:

This is just the way he does it- I knew this last year.  Buy the 1-year, then get the forever license the following year.

FYI I tried to post about this deal in Reddit's /r/emulation this morning but as of this evening the post still wasn't approved (or deleted). Just ended up deleting it myself as there are only a few hours left anyway.

lol, yeah /r/emulation doesn't seem to be much of a fan of Launchbox since it's not free and / or open source, we tend to avoid that place since.

20 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

lol, yeah /r/emulation doesn't seem to be much of a fan of Launchbox since it's not free and / or open source, we tend to avoid that place since.

While I don't doubt that's true, it really looks like the mods are just asleep at the wheel today.  When I last looked, there were no new posts at all.  Of course it's possible no one actually posted, but given they didn't tell me the post was rejected let alone not approving it I am leaning toward them not being there today for whatever reason.

Maybe I should have posted instead to /r/GameDeals (or /r/GameDealsMeta).  Oh, well- hindsight and all.

Edited by Qun Mang