LaunchBox Community Forums

X-arcade tankstick cant exit games

antisoshal

I have a MAME setup using the X-Arcade Tankstick in BigBox. Everything works except the ability to exit games. The red light up button on the tankstick is supposed to do this but it doesnt and I cant figure out how to map it in any of the various ways to do controller/keyboard mapping. Anyone have any ideas?

3 minutes ago, antisoshal said:

The red light up button on the tankstick

What button are you referring to ? There is no red light up button, just an actual red light indicating it is getting power.

Anyways, what you should do is in Mame itself set an exit emulator combo in the controller bindings screen.

25 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

What button are you referring to ? There is no red light up button, just an actual red light indicating it is getting power.

Anyways, what you should do is in Mame itself set an exit emulator combo in the controller bindings screen.

Mine is a button and X-Arcade says it should work as the exit game button but it doesnt and they havent been too helpful

25 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You want "UI Cancel" in MAME.

Okay, but I have no idea how to accomplish that. Im fairly computer savvy but just started messing with MAME. Im using MAMEUI64 version .188 as the emulator in manage emulators, and I have the X-Arcade controller loaded in MameUI64

Mine is a button and X-Arcade says it should work as the exit game button but it doesnt and they havent been too helpful

Do you have a picture of it ? Because there isn't one on any from their website and my TankStick doesn't have one.

1 minute ago, antisoshal said:

Okay, but I have no idea how to accomplish that. Im fairly computer savvy but just started messing with MAME. Im using MAMEUI64 version .188 as the emulator in manage emulators, and I have the X-Arcade controller loaded in MameUI64

If you press Tab on the keyboard it brings up a menu where you can change certain settings and map controls.

6 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Did you buy that from X-Arcade like that or 2nd hand ?

The Tab menu is in Mame itself, though im not sure about MameUI64, I only use the standard Mame.

Straight from them last month. The button is in their documentation as the exit button, but I cant figure out how to make it work. If it matters, its the tankstick with trackball

7 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Did you buy that from X-Arcade like that or 2nd hand ?

The Tab menu is in Mame itself, though im not sure about MameUI64, I only use the standard Mame.

Since Mame itself doesnt run unless you pick a game, Im assuming then you mean while it a game you can hit tab? Sorry but Im trying to figure out how to get to what you are describing

7 minutes ago, antisoshal said:

Since Mame itself doesnt run unless you pick a game, Im assuming then you mean while it a game you can hit tab? Sorry but Im trying to figure out how to get to what you are describing

That button is mapped to Mouse 3 (M3). Xgaming only says that button can be used to exit. It is not already mapped. You have to do that yourself. 

Launch a game and hit tab or just open the Mame UI. In the options for Input General, go there and choose User Interface. Then map that button to UI Cancel. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.22.03 PM.png

Straight from them last month. The button is in their documentation as the exit button, but I cant figure out how to make it work. If it matters, its the tankstick with trackball

Ok, interesting, never saw it before and no mention of it on their site that I could see.

2 minutes ago, antisoshal said:

Yeah while Mame is running with a game you can press Tab on your keyboard to bring up the menu. Here are some screenshots from mine but like I said I use the regular version of Mame, not the UI version.screenshot_400.thumb.jpg.0d8a648188e9f61c0f9d0d1f88336e59.jpgscreenshot_401.thumb.jpg.6ab49f943f8473b00a7f30bdb0a89390.jpgscreenshot_402.thumb.jpg.985e8259a23b7eaadce9fff7a1372c7f.jpg

• 8 months later...

Super late reply, but I was reconfiguring stuff, couldn't remember how to get this working, then remembered the REAL answer: You have to enable Mouse in mame.ini. The red button is a Mouse Button 2 press and cannot be reprogrammed. So, open up mame.in, under inputs, find MOUSE and set it to 1 (default is 0). Vioala!

Well that is handy...I have the Tankstick and it only has the red indicator light. I did recently have an issue with the buttons not working at all and they sent me an entirely new PCB free of charge so there is that...Glad you got it working. If you have issues in other emulators you can use AutoHotKey or directly in Launchbox itself and do something like

Mbutton::Esc which will make that middle mouse button act as the esc key.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, neil9000 said:

You want "UI Cancel" in MAME.

This setting gets buggered up when I make software changes.  The red lighted button on the X-Arcade is "mouse 2".  So you need to go into mame... or when a mame game is running: "Tab", Select "input (general)","user interface" ... scroll down to "UI Cancel" , "enter", [RED Button].  I have yet to figure out a simple way to add  buttons (keeping the defaults) and adding "mouse 2"

You could also make or exit the file "MAME\cfg\defailt.cfg"

default.cfg

Edited by LAN_Shark
More Info:

• 11 months later...
On 8/5/2021 at 8:33 PM, LAN_Shark said:

This setting gets buggered up when I make software changes.  The red lighted button on the X-Arcade is "mouse 2".  So you need to go into mame... or when a mame game is running: "Tab", Select "input (general)","user interface" ... scroll down to "UI Cancel" , "enter", [RED Button].  I have yet to figure out a simple way to add  buttons (keeping the defaults) and adding "mouse 2"

You could also make or exit the file "MAME\cfg\defailt.cfg"

default.cfg 434 B · 1 download

Worked perfectly. Like others, X-Arcade does not have very good support for newbies!

• 9 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 7:07 PM, lindenwood98 said:

I downloaded the HOT KEY program from X-Arcade. And it works fine

Yes this Hot key does the job. But I'm having the issue when I have the hot key running. Other things like going to shutdown the PC i press shut down and another window opens and does not shut down windows. I have to disable hot key from x-arcade and then it works. And other similar issues come up as well. Anyone else experiencing this issue?