LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.33 Released

Jason Carr

31 minutes ago, Thatman84 said:

Just picked up the LB app on my phone again since release.

Seems to be coming along nicely. Keep up the good work

With the custom emulator what is the ROM key path? I'm not to sure what the key bit means. I'm gonna give it a try out 

Im not sure that "custom" emulators are supported as of yet, i believe every single one is tested then added as supported.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:42 AM, Kamlonious said:

Hey Jason,

As always I love Launchbox and I'm eagerly awaiting new updates for Android got any hints of when the next update for Android will be and I was wondering will we see game descriptions in the near future?

We're working on three things at the moment: the first Big Box-style games view, editing game metadata, and easy data folder changing. Hoping to get a new version out in the next couple of weeks, but we're doing some big stuff so it's taking a while.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Jason Carr said:

We're working on three things at the moment: the first Big Box-style games view, editing game metadata, and easy data folder changing. Hoping to get a new version out in the next couple of weeks, but we're doing some big stuff so it's taking a while.

Jason thank you for updating me and letting us know where we are at with the Android version. It means a lot for you to take time out and respond back to my questions. Love this community and being apart of it and I will continue to support you guys. Oh one other thing with Big Box features coming to Android eventually if we already have our paid license will that translate over to the Android version I know that's kind of a we will know when we finally get to the launch of Androids Big Box feature set but it doesn't hurt to ask if it would be included in with PC license or a separate license since Android is a different platform. Either way I would gladly re-up and grab a separate license for android if that's what you guys decide to do. And as as a side note I'm really excited about big box especially as desktop modes for phones are becoming more popular and being developed for more and the power of high end devices and emulation is getting amazing. I'm excited for the future and am very proud and happy to be apart of the LaunchBox community thanks for everything Jason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kamlonious said:

Jason thank you for updating me and letting us know where we are at with the Android version. It means a lot for you to take time out and respond back to my questions. Love this community and being apart of it and I will continue to support you guys. Oh one other thing with Big Box features coming to Android eventually if we already have our paid license will that translate over to the Android version I know that's kind of a we will know when we finally get to the launch of Androids Big Box feature set but it doesn't hurt to ask if it would be included in with PC license or a separate license since Android is a different platform. Either way I would gladly re-up and grab a separate license for android if that's what you guys decide to do. And as as a side note I'm really excited about big box especially as desktop modes for phones are becoming more popular and being developed for more and the power of high end devices and emulation is getting amazing. I'm excited for the future and am very proud and happy to be apart of the LaunchBox community thanks for everything Jason.

The Android app is a seperate thing, and i believe the fact that you have already purchased it on Android that Bigbox will be added free of charge. However the price may increase at that point for new purchases as it will be a far more feature packed product at that point.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The Android app is a seperate thing, and i believe the fact that you have already purchased it on Android that Bigbox will be added free of charge. However the price may increase at that point for new purchases as it will be a far more feature packed product at that point.

Awesome it pays off to be an early adopter!!! Thanks for the response!