LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Neo Geo CD Artwork File for use with the "bezelprojectSA-NG-CD" bezels pack

spycat

MAME Neo Geo CD Artwork File for use with the "bezelprojectSA-NG-CD" bezels pack

View File

Note before downloading:
This is for MAME only and is not compatible with RetroArch.

This custom version of the Neo Geo CD Software System artwork file, neocdz.zip contains a multi-view lay file configured to work with the "bezelprojectSA-NG-CD" bezels pack. Any game associated with the pack can be set to display it's own bezel at launch. Games for which there are no Bezel Project bezels and therefore use Default Command-Line Parameters will open with the generic SNK-Neo-Geo-CD.png bezel.

The bezel images are not included, so you will need to download the pack and drop the bezels into the artwork neocdz.zip yourself. 
You will also need to set LaunchBox Custom Command-line Parameters to allow MAME to choose the correct bezel for each game. This is explained in the download.

With MAME, your Neo Geo CD game names and their bezel image names do not have to match.

Once downloaded, unzip the file MAME_NeoGeoCD_SA.zip and read the enclosed text files.

Meow!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, spycat said:

The bezels are over at The Bezel Project on GitHub.

https://github.com/thebezelproject/bezelprojectSA-NG-CD

Open the link, open the Code box and download the zip.

Is there a way to mass custom command-line in LB or mass enable the bezels for all the set in some other way? Editing each game of my full set of NECD (98 games) manually would be a pain.  If not, Is there a way to mass enable the generic NGCD bezel for all 98 games?

Edited by vgbox

If no custom parameters are set for the games, then MAME will default to the first <view name> in the lay which references the generic bezel png.

Getting the games to use custom bezels directly from the Default Command Line Parameters is possible where
1. The games are emulated as a software list (Use file name only... and Don't use quotes boxes enabled)
2. The lay's <view name> entries as well as the png images match the games software list names

Where these conditions are met, then -view %romfile% can be used in the Default Command Line Parameters; the media parameter may or may not need %romfile% to be added as well.

• Thanks 1

Did according to your instructions:

I unziped neocdz folder and put inside mame64/artkwork, changed the game png file name to match my software lists game zip filename:
ngcd3.thumb.jpg.0b0e0573be0738c054d5b3e964503949.jpgThis is what i configured in LB:
ngcd2.thumb.jpg.489079232e8d63b6a2b18df868c2a524.jpgngcd1.thumb.jpg.5148360b3175995a20db292e27fc6132.jpgWhen i try to launch a neo geo cd game via LB it won't launch. What could be the reason?

Edited by vgbox

I just reread the thread and some confuson may have arisen heheh.

So before you ever started to use the bezels were your command line parameters
neocdz -cdrm
Also, were the "Use filename only..." and "Don't use quotes" boxes ticked or empty.

8 minutes ago, spycat said:

I just reread the thread and some confuson may have arisen heheh.

So before you ever started to use the bezels were your command line parameters
neocdz -cdrm
Also, were the "Use filename only..." and "Don't use quotes" boxes ticked or empty.

Yes, it was neocdz -cdrm before.

Both were empty before.

45 minutes ago, spycat said:

Just like my setup. I imagine that ticking the two boxes causes your game to not launch.

My games are in a format that can't be used as a software list and it's possible your's are the same.

I have the official neocd folder in MAME 0.221 Software List CHDs (merged) folder. Each game inside the neocd folder is a CHD file.

The bezels are not compatible with running CHD files?

The game dump format (chd, bin, iso, wav etc) has no bearing on using bezels.

With your current setup of neocdz -cdrm and both tickboxes empty, any game launched will use the lay's first view and show the generic bezel. Game custom parameters are needed to show each game's own bezel. The bezels as they came should not be renamed as the lay is designed to work with the original names.

If you can emulate the games as a proper software list (both tickboxes enabled) then you can either stick with using game custom parameters or use the %romfile% variable in your Default Parameters. If you go with using -view %romfile% in the Default Parameters, then by renaming both the bezels and the view name references in the lay to match the game names you won't need to bother with game custom parameters.

As you seem to have a software list version of the games in your neocd folder I would try and get the games to work with the two tickboxes enabled first before bothering with bezels.
Where is your neocd games folder and is your MAME ini rompath aware of it's location?

By the way, if you get the software list emulation (boxes ticked) to work I can redo the lay and send it to you, so you will only need to rename the bezel pngs.

• Thanks 1

neocd location:

X:\Roms\MAME 0.221 Software List CHDs (merged)\neocd

From mame ini:

rompath                   "roms;X:\Roms\MAME 0.221 CHDs (merged);X:\Roms\MAME 0.221 ROMs (merged);X:\Roms\MAME 0.221 Software List CHDs (merged);X:\Roms\MAME 0.221 Software List ROMs (merged);X:\Roms\MAME 0.221 Software List CHDs (merged)\neocd"

Would be cool  

Actually the bezels won't need renaming, only the lay to be redone which I could do for you.

All would seem ok, so I don't know why the games wont work as a software list (the 2 boxes ticked).
I don't have my NeoGeo CD set as a software list dump so I'm not much use to you for that. Maybe some member who uses the neocd software list may come by and help you to get them going.
If you do get them to launch with the boxes enabled let me know and I'll redo the lay so you can then use -view %romfile% in the Default Parameters.

Bit of a straw clutcher here, but have you tried clearing the "Don't Use Quotes" box and just tick the "Use file name..." box? 

• Thanks 1

As a continuation of this thread: 

I'm trying to make bezels work with my NGCD games.

When i check either one of the boxes or both as shown here NGCD games won't launch:

ngcd1.thumb.jpg.d8b384bcc3570329800d8ae0ebd151a9.jpgI need both boxes ticked in order for the bezels to show, is it possible?

Edited by vgbox