LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box pricing and features

GamerMTL

The only difference of what you get for the pricing is the length of time that you can get updates for the program. So if you get a one year license you get all the features of both LB and BB for one year on as many PCs that you personally own. After one year you can still use BigBox with all the features that it had at that time you will however no longer be able to update the program or BigBox will no longer work. The price is in US dollars so you will have to convert that to whatever that is in Canadian dollars.

• Thanks 1

Perfect, thank you for that clear explanation. So at this point, I'm just stuck to make my Logitech Wingman cordless controller to work. RetroArch (which is within my Launchbox) gives me a message that its not configured. So I'm trying to get that to work...but haven't been able to figure this part out! LOL! that's what you get for a beginner! If you have any clear guidance for me...I would appreciate it. Thanks again!!

1 minute ago, GamerMTL said:

Perfect, thank you for that clear explanation. So at this point, I'm just stuck to make my Logitech Wingman cordless controller to work. RetroArch (which is within my Launchbox) gives me a message that its not configured. So I'm trying to get that to work...but haven't been able to figure this part out! LOL! that's what you get for a beginner! If you have any clear guidance for me...I would appreciate it. Thanks again!!

How did you go about mapping your controls in Retroarch? Did you open it first without launching a core or game and set the universal mapping?

• Thanks 1

HI! To be honest, I followed instructions online on how to set up pretty much everything, however, no mention on how to set up my controller or any for that matter. Honestly I thought it was just plug and play, but i guess i'm wrong. I haven't done much with retroarch as I'm worried about messing things up. I can launch games from Launchbox and it seems to see some functions from my keyboard. So i'm very new to this, can you help guide me? Would be appreciated. Thank you. As well, not sure if this helps  but i ordered a 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller, as it came highly recommended with these types of programs. Wouldn't mind to see if i can get my Logitech to work, but if it's complicated I can wait for the other remote. Thoughts? 

17 minutes ago, GamerMTL said:

HI! To be honest, I followed instructions online on how to set up pretty much everything, however, no mention on how to set up my controller or any for that matter. Honestly I thought it was just plug and play, but i guess i'm wrong. I haven't done much with retroarch as I'm worried about messing things up. I can launch games from Launchbox and it seems to see some functions from my keyboard. So i'm very new to this, can you help guide me? Would be appreciated. Thank you. As well, not sure if this helps  but i ordered a 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller, as it came highly recommended with these types of programs. Wouldn't mind to see if i can get my Logitech to work, but if it's complicated I can wait for the other remote. Thoughts? 

Every emulator needs to be set-up directly in their UI or config files to use the controllers you are using. Launchbox is not a plug and play front end and the emulators for the most part are not plug and play either. Some, like reotroach can be if you are using more common controllers like Xbox or Playstation controllers. However, you can pretty much count on each emulator you choose to use you need to set it up prior to adding them to Launchbox. 

For Retroarch I would have my controller on and open Retroarch. Scroll to the gear icon and go to Input. Then set you User 1 and User 2 inputs as well as any Hotkey inputs (Exit, Save/Load states, etc..). Doing this without loading a game or core will set your universal controls. From there you can set core specific or even game specific controls. I would start with the universal first.

The Logitech Wingman is pretty much ancient at this time and  is probably limited to d-input and thus has to be configured in RA. If you had a X-Input Logitech controller F310 or F710 it would just work in RetroArch. XBox controllers also usually don't require any additional configuration either.

3 hours ago, DOS76 said:

The Logitech Wingman is pretty much ancient at this time and  is probably limited to d-input and thus has to be configured in RA. If you had a X-Input Logitech controller F310 or F710 it would just work in RetroArch. XBox controllers also usually don't require any additional configuration either.

DOS76, indeed that remote is ancient!! I had no doubt. So if I get the F310 or F710...plug it in and away I go?? I do have an XBOX and XBOX 360 remote as well...these would all work simply for all game systems? Nothing else for me to do? I did also order a 8bitdo SN30 Pro remote. Any thoughts about this one? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Every emulator needs to be set-up directly in their UI or config files to use the controllers you are using. Launchbox is not a plug and play front end and the emulators for the most part are not plug and play either. Some, like reotroach can be if you are using more common controllers like Xbox or Playstation controllers. However, you can pretty much count on each emulator you choose to use you need to set it up prior to adding them to Launchbox. 

For Retroarch I would have my controller on and open Retroarch. Scroll to the gear icon and go to Input. Then set you User 1 and User 2 inputs as well as any Hotkey inputs (Exit, Save/Load states, etc..). Doing this without loading a game or core will set your universal controls. From there you can set core specific or even game specific controls. I would start with the universal first.

Perfect, many thanks! I will surely give it try as you mentioned when my more friendlier remotes arrive this week as my remote is very old! I'll keep you in the loop!