LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause screen while playing PC games

Qbertzelious

• 5 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 10:52 AM, Android16 said:

game has to be borderless fullscreen. and the issue with that is the most devs on pc games don't include resolution change while in borderless window mode. But some do, very few. so when in this mode, game will look more pixelated than usual. Gedosato can help with most of that.

This is true to an extent. I went back to using rocketlauncher because the rocketlaunch pause menu does work on 95% of PC games in full screen. If the guys from rocketlauncher were able to make it work, then there is a way. With Launchbox the games need to be set to borderless window mode and very few games support that. 

Information on this post isn't entirely accurate. Reason the pause screen doesn't work on most Steam games is because the process that is started via LaunchBox is a launcher client NOT the game itself. The launcher client then closes after starting the game. Because the launch client is closed, LaunchBox thinks the game is as well, and because of that it won't open the pause menu. It is a known issue with that feature.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, Android16 said:

That is a true reason but not the only one. if the game isn't in borderless fullscreen, it's not gonna work because exclusive mode doesn't allow for the window to be tampered with. Where in borderless, anything  can be over the window with the downside of a performance decrease. If it worked and you thought it was fullscreen (exclusive mode), it wasn't.

This isn't true either. The pause screen does work with some exclusive fullscreen mode emulators, and just because a game uses exclusive fullscreen does not necessarily mean that it won't work with the pause screens.

8 hours ago, Android16 said:

Real pc games do not have said system so that is infact the reason.

Not true at all. As you can see in the video below i just made. Playing The Witcher 3, launched from Launchbox, i go into the options screen to show that i am running in fulscreen mode, then proceed to use the pause theme just fine.

8 hours ago, Android16 said:

most emus use a hybrid system. can toggle to use exclusive while using borderless at the same time. Real pc games do not have said system so that is infact the reason. As I said, I just tested quite a few real pc games that include the exclusive and borderless options and the subject was real pc games.

Seems pretty conclusive to me.

3 minutes ago, Android16 said:

and i quote: The Witcher 3 defaults to Borderless Windowed,

Then you clearly didnt watch my video, i specifically went into the settings to show i was running in fulscreen. Borderless window is the middle of the options, windowed/borderless window/fulscreen.