LaunchBox Community Forums

Tiger Game.com

Newlander

4 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

(I don't have bezels though sorry. I usually look for title screens, clear logos and boxart, which I have for all my game.com games (I have 6 of them)

turns out that line command didn't work , anyone tried the retroarch core? can't find any good tutorials on this system

4 hours ago, Newlander said:

turns out that line command didn't work , anyone tried the retroarch core? can't find any good tutorials on this system

The correct command line is "gamecom -cart1" (minus the quotes) There is no "-" before gamecom.

Also make sure you have the bios file called gamecom.zip. Inside that zip should be two files "internal.bin" and "external.bin".

I have not seen any Mame bezel artwork for this platform.

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

The correct command line is "gamecom -cart1" (minus the quotes) There is no "-" before gamecom.

Also make sure you have the bios file called gamecom.zip. Inside that zip should be two files "internal.bin" and "external.bin".

I have not seen any Mame bezel artwork for this platform.

both are correct i have the bios setup for my arcade platform and have added " gamecom -cart1 " but games are still not launching any ideas what could be going on? i have found bezels for RA just not mame standalone , so maybe RA is the way to go just not sure how to get that working

3 minutes ago, Newlander said:

both are correct i have the bios setup for my arcade platform and have added " gamecom -cart1 " but games are still not launching any ideas what could be going on? i have found bezels for RA just not mame standalone , so maybe RA is the way to go just not sure how to get that working

Can you post some pics.

1: Edit Mame in Manage Emulators and share a pic of the Details Tab and the Associated Platforms tab.

2: Right click and edit a Tiger game and share a pic of the Launcher tab and the Emulation tab.

You did also point Mame's directory listing to the folder you have the Tiger roms in and the bios file is in that folder?

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you post some pics.

1: Edit Mame in Manage Emulators and share a pic of the Details Tab and the Associated Platforms tab.

2: Right click and edit a Tiger game and share a pic of the Launcher tab and the Emulation tab.

You did also point Mame's directory listing to the folder you have the Tiger roms in and the bios file is in that folder?

image.thumb.png.b531bb54394b56c879bd1b09e6120435.pngimage.thumb.png.740dd3f8e988c4d91a1e37439e9527fb.pngimage.thumb.png.f0523042ce818d13e279277c2dafab0c.pngimage.thumb.png.66ba73d48d5173ba0a132981ae9fef5a.pngyep my mame is linked to my arcade directory + tiger roms directory

Edited by Newlander

11 minutes ago, Newlander said:

just tried that one , still wont launch sadly , just to confirm its just the "Roms" directory in mame that needs to changed?

Yeah. If you have your Tiger roms in a specific folder you can also put the bios file in that folder as well. Then in Mame make sure you add that Tiger rom folder path to Mame. Also in Launchbox I see you have "Tiger Game.com" as the Associated Platform. Is the exactly how you spelled the platform name when it shows up in Launchbox?

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah. If you have your Tiger roms in a specific folder you can also put the bios file in that folder as well. Then in Mame make sure you add that Tiger rom folder path to Mame. Also in Launchbox I see you have "Tiger Game.com" aas the Associated Platform. Is the exactly how you spelled the platform name when it shows up in Launchbox?

yep copied the bios to the rom directory still zipped just incase, still doesn't want to open. as for the naming its the same , i just used the Launchbox default platform naming exactly the same in all instances

Edited by Newlander

Re the bezels.

See the "Unified Bezels Collection" and also the "Handheld Bezels Collection" in the LaunchBox Downloads.
Both have system bezels for the Tiger Game.Com. The ini files are for RL but you can do an RA ini or a MAME lay file and use the bezels with those.

Try unchecking those 2 boxes in the details tab of Mame. I do not have those checked. Not sure if they make a difference.

Here is how I have mine set. I never had it set up prior to your post so this was all done within the past day and it works.

Edit: Just tested with those two boxes checked and the rom stopped working. So that might be the issue.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.00.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.00.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.09.18 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Try unchecking those 2 boxes in the details tab of Mame. I do not have those checked. Not sure if they make a difference.

Here is how I have mine set. I never had it set up prior to your post so this was all done within the past day and it works.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.00.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.00.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.09.18 PM.png

yep that fixed it :) , just wondering now if theres a way to bypass the menu so it just goes straight into game rather then using mouse to select cart?